Just dropping a quick note about the support roadmap regarding the Los Santos Summer Special update that Rockstar is releasing next week:
- The existing game will remain working fine on the current Arena Wars level (b1604), even after updating, due to our unique GameCache technology.
- The Casino Heist b1868 level will be considered unsupported and removed.
- We will use the b1868 baseline to develop support for the new release. This might take a while due to the high chance of new DRM additions requiring alterations of core CitizenFX systems for the modification to work without ‘random’ corruption.
- Once finished, it will be published alongside a new server update as an opt-in build mode, so that compatibility with existing content remains, as well as to reduce the risk of initial regressions.
- Eventually we will switch the default build mode. However, this might take some time for regression testing both on our end as well as for server owners, since these are some of the most invasive changes in existence.
Didn’t you promise an update last time, too?
Yes, but we weren’t able to foresee DRM obstacles reintroduced in these updates. Rockstar is explicitly targeting patches made only by FiveM in newer updates for reasons unbeknownst to us.
By now, we have a much better grip on what is affected by DRM in b1868, and with advancements in analysis technology, should be able to write code that does not trigger any of these technological protections, without circumventing or removing the network of Arxan’s patented Code Guard technology, while staying within the boundaries of applicable legislation.
But ‘mod X’ updated instantly, why does FiveM take ages?
Other mods don’t tend to use GameCache technology and break upon update. In addition to that, we have the highest game pattern/call count in the ecosystem of GTA modifications.
In addition to that, we have hundreds of thousands of daily players, which leads to much more testing being required to handle a game update properly.
What could go wrong?
Anything, really - since the update isn’t released we don’t know yet what we have to face. However, rest assured that it will be worked on, and hopefully we’ll be able to resolve the concerns regarding e.g. the random ‘streaming/inflate’ crashes that occurred at a high frequency on b1868 as a result of a Rockstar-placed integrity check.
Thanks for your time!