[How-To] Stream clothes and props as addons, for MP Freemode models

@Mr_Purge Hey! From what i know, alt tool does create YMT, there are a lot of different versions of it, and one works fine, others doesn’t.

Please stick to only one program when doing YMT’s/clothes (I can recommend using “Bulk Rename Utility” to rename a lot of files at once), on the screenshot of YMTEditor, I see at the top, that you are editing YMT generated from different tool which probably saves different name in one of “name” fields inside YMT file.

Best would be just creating YMT from scratch by clicking “New” in my YMTEditor and try to keep names lowercase (not sure if that does change anything, i’ve never tested it, but original GTA files are all lowercase)

If you really want to use that different tool mentioned earlier, please write DM to me and I’ll send you version edited by me which works 100%

1 Like

Some1 that had this Error yet ?

Error FiveM_b2189_GTAProcess.exe+5BEFD9

My Server is running on Game Build 2189
When i let the server load the new clothes, clients are crashing on loading in.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@CyrX_93 Nope, I didn’t have any crash other than this reported already: SetPlayerModel Crash when have too much .ymts assigned to a ped model

Probably best would be creating another thread with that crash and repro resource so someone can check it :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Mate, fantastic program - thank you.
Have you considered a method of changing the hair bones for hats? right now I have to use your tool, then go into xml then back again which takes a bit of time.

Details: [How-to] Fix Addon hats
Only 3 options you would need are 0, -0.5 and -1 i guess for normal, pushed back and removed.
<expressionMods>0 0 0 0 0</expressionMods>
<expressionMods>-0.5 0 0 0 0</expressionMods>
<expressionMods>-1 0 0 0 0</expressionMods>

1 Like

@gatehead Hey, thanks!
Currently I’m working on update and there will be option to change expressionMods in YMTEditor - I didn’t include that before because I had small problems implementing that, now I’ve choosen different approach and it is working :slight_smile:

Update should be on github in few days, if you are using latest version you should get pop-up at opening editor that there is new version available.
There will also be option to generate creaturemetadata file, I’m going to write small tutorial how it works and how to use it!

1 Like

Well, new version is already available, it took much less time than expected :stuck_out_tongue:

New tutorial regarding how to do addon heels or hide hair with addon hat: [How-To] Create addon heels OR hide hair with addon hat

2 Likes

generating the creaturemetadata file sounds amazing, thank you mate I love your work.

1 Like

@grzybeek so I figured out where my problem was when you replied to someone else’s comment, of having the name be all lower case. This is actually true, I had my file and everything with all upper case letters and apparently GTA and FiveM don’t like that. Appreciate the helpful tool, it’ll help me out loads with development in the future.

Keep up the awesome work.

Best of wishes,
Strict
Meteor Design Works

1 Like

@Strict Yeah, I was wondering if that’s really necessary, I guess i have to force lowercase name in next update, thanks!

Hello again! Just a little question about pants. So if you make it with _r and _whi the quality is shit. But with _u and _uni it looks really nice but then the skin doesn’t work. Do you know if there is something we can do about it? :blush:

Hey, recently I’ve been talking with @nta about that, unfortunately that’s how GTA works. Bubble said it could be fixed perhaps, but not anytime soon sadly :frowning: Yet I have to create bug report thread about it, so it will be put on some to-do list maybe.

1 Like

Oh okay, thanks for the fast reply! Just hope someone finds a way someday, its driving me nuts :joy:

Hi, could u correct me with this? i heard someone say theres a limit from 0-127 drawables for each component. Is that true with your tool? is there any limit?

Yup, there is a limit, already reported here: Increase "streamed drawables limit" visible on other clients
Just anything above number 127 is not visible on other clients :frowning:

1 Like

Anyone got a tutorial video? I am genuinely slow and new to all this. Going from never making EUP to now trying to figure it out is super difficult.

But… you just asked in a tutorial topic - simply just read and do everything step by step, it’s not that hard…
If you can’t do something, feel free to ask questions, I’m here to help!

This is amazing! The community needed something like this.

Thank you very much for your work.

Hi , I tried this 2 times , but it doesn’t seem to work . my resource starts with the memory warning (not the issue) . i have named my clothes with prefix mp_m_freemode_01_sasp^ .

Can you please help me with this .

Seems like you did something wrong :stuck_out_tongue: It works for everyone fine, so why it shouldn’t for you? Send me your files on forum DM’s so I can check them by myself

First of all I wanna say this program is a LIFESAVER. Legit. I love it. – I have a question though, I have some skin texture files that I need to add to my fivem server. They are named “mp_fm_skin_f_lo_whi_r.ytd” Do i need to do anything specific for my game to read them? Right now I have them named based on my ymt, so right now the name I have them as: “mp_f_freemode_01_female_pack1^mp_fm_skin_f_lo_whi_r.ytd” does it need a special name (like how props need a “_p” in the name? Thanks so much for reading and creating such an awesome little program for us who dont know anything about reading YMTs lol