[How-to] Split Vehicle YTD Files to Avoid 16Mb Stream Limit (No Texture Compression)

alright, start the commencement of the annual purge, this’ll be fun.

What if there were files over 16mb when you try to split them. I found one in the Focus RS

2 Likes

Just take some of the larger files from that one large directory and paste it into one of the directories with a smaller file size.

Speaking of which I need to improve how I worded that in the tutorial.

No, there is a file that is 21mb

1 Like

Oh I understand what you mean now, don’t worry about the size of the DDS texture files as they will be automatically compressed by OpenIV when you create the YTD.

As long as the final YTD is < 16Mb you’ll be alright.

I have one more problem. I have done everything except the the vehicles.meta file. if you don’t mind could you explain a little more deeply of how you do it? I have no understanding of it.

I’m in work at the minute but I’ll try and make it a lot clearer when I get home :+1:

Sorry to be a nuisance, but I need some help. Ill stop messaging in this thread if you ask me too, but if you have the time. I require assistance. Thanks

Of course, sorry I couldn’t get back earlier I had overtime.

What was the issue with the meta file you’d like me to clear up?

The vehicles.meta part. I have done everything to try to link the Files together but with no luck. Can you describe more carefully how to do the vehicle.meta part? Thanks

Sure,

Basically in the TXDRelationships we need to create a sort of hierarchy for the files to follow. Replace the already existing child of vehicles_dom_interior to focusrs2, as we will need to work backwards.

You’ll end up with this:

<Item>
      <parent>vehicles_dom_interior</parent>
      <child>focusrs2</child>
</Item>

From there on copy and paste the whole of above the previous one and set the parent to focusrs2, which was previously the child of the last relationship. Set the child this time to focusrs1

<Item>
      <parent>focusrs2</parent>
      <child>focusrs1</child>
</Item>
<Item>
      <parent>vehicles_dom_interior</parent>
      <child>focusrs2</child>
    </Item>

And repeat that so that focusrs1 is then a parent of the child focusrs. You’ll end up with three items at the end that are all within the same

It’s a little awkward to explain so just let me know if something still isn’t right and I’ll correct it :+1:

1 Like

Alright Thanks! I’ll try and make it work

I just got it to work. I understand now. thank you for your time to help me out!

1 Like

Would it be possible to adapt this method for maps?

Not a problem :wink: glad it worked out!

I’m not entirely sure myself on how to go about doing that, but I’ll definitely look into it for the French Riviera map.

One more thing, Ive seen a bunch of vehicle with .YFT files over 16mb. is there a stream limit for .YFT and if so, is there any way to split them? thanks

I don’t think the model itself can be split. Though I don’t have a lot of experience with the actual modelling, I’d assume just reducing the poly count somehow would reduce the size.

Just need to figure out how that’s done lol

You wouldn’t need to split the model, since you would have a super high poly model. Usually the textures and sounds are what will cause large file sizes.

2 Likes