[How-to] Split Vehicle YTD Files to Avoid 16Mb Stream Limit (No Texture Compression)

Not a problem :wink: glad it worked out!

I’m not entirely sure myself on how to go about doing that, but I’ll definitely look into it for the French Riviera map.

One more thing, Ive seen a bunch of vehicle with .YFT files over 16mb. is there a stream limit for .YFT and if so, is there any way to split them? thanks

I don’t think the model itself can be split. Though I don’t have a lot of experience with the actual modelling, I’d assume just reducing the poly count somehow would reduce the size.

Just need to figure out how that’s done lol

You wouldn’t need to split the model, since you would have a super high poly model. Usually the textures and sounds are what will cause large file sizes.

2 Likes

i keep getting an error with the vehicles.meda trying to load it.

https://gyazo.com/3d9c9f521a4bd4c2738bd0579035b5ff

1 Like

what can i do with carcols and carvariation meta i dont have upgrades

You’ll have to change the modkit ID in both to a certain value. I’m not at home currently, but there is some list of numbers on the forums somewhere. Hopefully that helps :slightly_smiling_face:

i did everything like it told me to do and it wont let me load in i dont understand where i went wrong all 3 ytd’s are under 16 they are like 11, 5 , 7 and then i went into the vehicles meta put what i needed to there and its still just crashing anyway you could just upload the vehicles meta that way it would be easier or could you just please help?

Okay now i fixed the part where i couldnt load in now i can load in but now when i go to spawn the car i crash.

Nice guide, i did split a 52 mb ytd file for a map i wanted to add into 4 13 mb ytd files with this guide and everything worked great

until…

i dont know how to do the parent/child stuff for maps, to tell the map that it has to get its textures from somewhere else now

help would be much appreciated!

hello! when i’m adding an addon the default color is green and it only have this color, and i can’t change de windows tint, can you help me?

I personally haven’t done any YTD splits for maps so I’m a bit clueless as to how this is applied to it. Is there possibly a JSON file that references those YTDs?

You’ll have to edit your carvariations.meta to change the default body colour. For the windows, I’m not entirely sure myself.

what i need to edit here?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<CVehicleModelInfoVariation>
  <variationData> 
    <Item>
      <modelName>gt63s</modelName>
      <colors>
        <Item>
          <indices content="char_array">
          </indices>
          <liveries>
            <Item value="true" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
          </liveries>
        </Item>
      </colors>
      <kits>
        <Item>0_default_modkit</Item>
      </kits>
      <windowsWithExposedEdges />
      <plateProbabilities>
        <Probabilities />
      </plateProbabilities>
      <lightSettings value="999" />
      <sirenSettings value="0" />
    </Item>
  </variationData>
</CVehicleModelInfoVariation>

Is there a way to split a livery texture?
Like this one, taken from https://www.gta5-mods.com/paintjobs/honda-civic-type-r-fk8-neon-genesis-evangelion
One of the texture/liveries is bigger than the limit itself?
So is there a way to “split one texture/livery”, or do I need to use the low-resolution one?

The liveries will be part of the YTD once they have been added through OpenIV. Once they’re added you can essentially split the YTD containing that livery, which is automatically compressed in some way or another when OpenIV encodes it during import.

I definitely know I can do that.
The texture of that livery is 47MB (which is lmao)
I don’t think that putting it inside a SINGLE .ytd file and COMPRESSED would be less than 16MB.
I think… lmao

Once it has been added to the original YTD and split into multiple, smaller texture directories you should be fine.

Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t knew it would compress to… such a small file