[How-To] Remove the bridge using a new or existing loading screen resource

My current loadingscreen resource.

Have you changed the column position in the users table to VARCHAR(255)?

If you want your players to spawn at their last position on disconnect this column need to be at the value 255 :hushed:

Make sure you are starting the loading screen resource after spawn manager.

Not even using spawnmanager because the latest es_extended made a bunch of the base cfx-data resources null, list of them can be found on the github’s commits. Spawnmanager and mapmanager are not needed if you run es_extended, so now I’ve gotta find other means to hide the bridge scene.

You should not disable stock resources, if they are ‘not needed’ then one of your resource is reinventing the wheel instead of using the spawnmanager/mapmanager api

2 Likes

That’s false, spawnmanager especially is a core resource which should not be disabled or attempted to be rewritten, as it will lead to issues similar to the one you’re experiencing right now where other resources expect functionality core resources expose and your rewrites are not going to expose the same API.

1 Like

And that’s again as es_extended instead of using spawnmanager’s API decided to do its own weird respawn/spawn logic which has always been problematic and only leads to more issues since the changes they made.

Ah okay, gotcha. I was just following the latest commit on es_extended. It basically disables it on startup, I thought it was core, but I was having issues with it regarding es_extended not saving lastposition spawns, and not kicking out any errors, I was looking for a fix regarding it to no avail. If I could somehow find a fix regarding it then of course I’ll use it. But it seemed like my only option was to disable it for now since that was the only fix to get my server running as I wanted it to. Thanks for the insight though, hopefully I find a fix soon, as I’d love to manually shutdown the loadscreen on playerSpawned

Ahh is that the column ‘position’ was null bit I’m getting in my server? My player positions load fine still so haven’t worried about it by I do get that warning from esx

With regards to this, with the latest version of es_extended dropping the need for spawnmanager or mapmanager i personally had some issues with using this on the latest version.

To fix these things I made the following changes in es_extended, go to line 75 and 76 in client/main.lua and remove these two lines:

ShutdownLoadingScreen()
ShutdownLoadingScreenNui()

Then in the client.lua for the loading screen that you are using change this line

AddEventHandler(“playerSpawned”, function ()

To:

AddEventHandler(“esx:onPlayerJoined”, function ()

I found that this makes everything work on my server, i am not sure if it will work on someone elses. Wish you all the best!

1 Like

I mean, you do you, but Moderation and an Element have already advised against doing that in this very thread:

I have read through this and when keeping these resources enabled my players past position will no save no matter what I do

Thank you this helped alot now on when player joined just have a native shutdown the screen itselfs :slight_smile: problem solved

1 Like

Updated the original post to use the new fxmanifest.

Doesn’t work anymore since the 6th. Was working fine the 5th. FiveM had an update and it broke it.

Still works for me. I’m using the latest stable version of the FiveM client and the server is runing 2430 win32.

I’m using win32 26.7.1. It was working 2-3 days ago. There was an update from fivem that broke it completely for me. The loadscreen doesn’t go away and functions as an overlay. But I can however walk around and such when spawned. The loadscreen itself doesn’t go away and some other NUI elements like the speedometer that show up during loading keep hanging as well.

Still works fine.

If it doesn’t, you’re having an issue of your own.

If I remove it and let the bridge come back everything functions as it should. And it was working just fine before the update on the 6th. No idea what’s causing it, but nothing had changed between when I shut the server down and went to sleep and the FiveM update on my end. It’s not the end of the world though.

not sure if this is related to this resource but for new players the esx_identity character creation pops up when the loading screen is still active