[How-To] Remove the bridge using a new or existing loading screen resource

Maybe this will help:

I’ve done that.

i see the default GTA 5 loading screen for a second, is there a way to fix that ?

Yes there is, and it’s my fault it doesn’t do that already actually.

TheIndra made this suggestion which fixes that issue, however, it appears that in the gist at the top of this page, I forgot to swap out the event, but updated the rest of the code, whereas on my local machine, I updated the code, and the event, and thought the issue was solved; my mistake.

Change onClientMapStart to playerSpawned and that should fix the issue. I’ll update the original post now.

2 Likes

Thanks now it work :+1:

1 Like

Does this also work with servers wich use Kashacters?
The player doesn’t spawn untill selected in the Kashacters menu…

No idea, probably.

My loadscreen loads forever, any ideas? :smiley:

Shouldn’t do; run through the tutorial again.

client

What i am doing wrong? Everything is in position… :smiley:

1 Like

Same for me, loadingscreen stays on top of my game even when my ped is already spawned.

Don’t know what to tell you, it still works just fine for me.

it worked for me not but i found a solution remove cache files

Would it be possible to link this to onClientResourceStart and if possible then would a small example be able to be given since I can’t figure it out? I’m having severe issues with spawnmanager currently so disabling it is my only option, leading this to not work for me.

On that particular event, I don’t think so. If you can’t use the one provided, I would suggest playerSpawned, just swap them out in the code and you should be good to go.

playerSpawned doesn’t work if I don’t have spawnmanager started, which is odd but spawnmanager is just giving me nothing but issues, so using that isn’t really possible.

Got my events mixed up sorry, try using onClientMapStart.

On a separate note, the resource really shouldn’t be giving you issues as long as you haven’t edited it. Try downloading a fresh copy:

https://github.com/citizenfx/cfx-server-data/tree/master/resources/[managers]/spawnmanager

1 Like

I appreciate the thought and I have tried it, but I haven’t edited it at all really, other than changing a value from true to false to stop force respawning on death to accommodate for ambulancejob. Issue with spawnmanager is that es_extended won’t load the player’s last position if spawnmanager is started, it’s really odd and I haven’t found anything regarding a fix yet.

Hmm, it seems that onClientMapStart Returns an error

Haven’t edited mapmanager at all, and even just replaced with the original latest files to be sure. Really damn odd. Even checked the script and I can’t seem to find it calling to spawnmanager

1 Like

Where did you add the code from this tutorial to?