[How-to] German Shepherd / Malinois - K9 Dog 1.0.1

Is there a way to make the dog a little faster?

You need to pay for it because it’s an EUP, and you have to pay for EUP

Can we put the black dog, in the photo for my fivem server

1 Like

Im currently working on creating the meta and renaming files to learn more about getting the k9 to work as an addon ped instead of a replace, but it is possible to use the malinois under the spawn name of any dog with their movements. While working on this, I did notice it was a bit finnicky. If you are using Moulby’s new K9 model that was released within his discord, you can use his german shepherd as well as the malinois. I have been using them under the spawn names of for ‘chop’ and then ‘shepherd’. The malinois though is a bit finnicky so it has just been keeping the shepherd spawn whenever I start the resource.
I have also been trying to get the models to work as addons so that they do not take up a dog slot. However, whenever these models are loaded it causes the server to crash, with 4 different crash codes. If anybody knows more about creating addon peds, please feel free to respond.

And I am going to through this in here because many people do not know this actually. If you would like K9 emotes for human dogs in your server, be sure you have dpemotes installed. When that is installed go to your resources, the dpemotes folder, client, then AnimationList.lua is where the line of text would be added. I cannot find the thread where the animations were posted for the life of me, so im going to have the entire animationlist file posted here. I do not take credit for it, just trying to alleviate the hassle for some people.AnimationList.lua (74.1 KB)

1 Like

I’ve tried multiple times converting this to an addon, loads in, I can look at it and then crashes my game. No crash code, its rather odd. Anyone know a fix?

Lets go ahead and give this another try since my previous messages wouldn’t send.
The reason the addon ped doesnt work is because the peds.meta file by default is set to be a replacement, and not an addon. You would have to change that meta file as well as rename all the files in stream to match the spawn name you chose. I would be willing to help anyone get set up if they would like, just shoot me a message. But Mouby was a huge source of support for figuring out the issue with the addon not working on either the paid or free model.

1 Like

I went ahead and made a quick little video showing how to set it up for replacement and addon. Be sure to let me know in messages if you have any questions.

3 Likes

do you know how to add all choose skin in [Release] K9 SCRIPT [WORKING] [NEW UPDATE] [FIXED] ?

did you change the names in the peds.meta as well?

Is there a line that can be added or edited in the .meta to make the dog run a little faster so he gains on the perp…thanks

1 Like

Yes, the peds.meta names need to be changed if you would like to make the model an addon or replacing a different model than it is set to already.
For example. If I make it an addon, I need to change the model name but the stream name for the model in which it is replicating the animations from needs to be a stock gta name.
To replace something like chop, then i just need to change the stuff to be for him, or Rottweiler etc

Unfortunately you cannot change the speed. This is because the model is streaming animations of a dog that has already been put in stock GTA, such as the Retriever, Chop, Rottweiler, etc.

Bit of a late reply, but if your talking about cycling colors, vests, patches, etc then that would be by changing the head texture, shirt accessory, etc within the menu you are using

Could share your file already modified to addon with us, i thank you.

and there won’t spawn any ped/dog if you do it without EUP?

FALSE

EUP does not cost anything, EUP is free. FiveM requires people to pay for a key to be able to stream custom clothing.

You Don’t pay for EUP, EUP is Free Completely Is the FiveM Pateron Club.

I did all of this and the PED is streamable and spawns but I cannot simply attack someone.

na bich

Yes, rename the yft and all the textures :wink: