How to disable F8 Console?

My server has no need for F8 console to be visible by any means. How can I disabled the console from appearing?

There is no way to disable it.

1 Like

That sounds like a challenge…

Is there a reason there is no way to disable it?

1 Like

It provides debug information while in-game, especially for scripting, but it is built into the client. That is why it cannot be disabled.

2 Likes

Surely though the client could ask the server for permission on join to access this function. Perhaps a scripthook like sv_scriptConsole 0 in server.cfg could dictate this option. Giving server owners more control, and less confusion for some players who think they have broken something when they open the console by accident. Console has no use to the average player and represents a potential security threat if it can execute commands.

So until such a great option as that is added. What workarounds exist? Can I disable the F8 key? Can I make the F8 key do something else? Can i remove the editbox from the window? Can prevent text from being displayed there?

3 Likes

Most rcon commands require access that is set in the server.cfg. I’m not sure if there is a way around it unless you just disable the nui when it pops up but even then Im not sure that would work.

1 Like

So commands can be executed from Console. And only access prevents “most” of this. And I don’t wish to hunt down which “Most” applies to, or stay up to date on that. (Last week on MTA a user opened my admin panel from console by typing “admin”) Consoles represent a security threat no matter how remote that may be. I have zero use for my public server to have a Console. It is a potential threat and confusing.

We need a long-term solution soon. And a Workaround today. Post your ideas people…

Add security to your admin command?

1 Like

Thank you. I did.

Had I known of this in advance I would have before the user interrupted service for 8 hours+

The Console offers the smarter than me user opportunities, while burdening me with constant worries, that exist for absolutely no valid reason in my case where a Console is neither needed nor wanted.

You cannot really do anything in the console aside from quitting or entering in commands (that you can just type into chat anyway).

1 Like

You presume there is a chat.

1 Like

Let me modify my statement then. The only things they can do are quit or type in commands that your server registers with a lack of security. Someone else asked the same thing and got nothing. I would think it’s safe to say it is not possible, and is built into the client.

1 Like

Let me take a quote from that posting you’ve listed…

“The only way they are allowed to do anything in the console is if you put it in there…”

Most people in FiveM rapidly load in any public resource without a comprehensive knowledge of what is in it. This represents an absolute security threat to every single FiveM server that runs any resource they have not looked through and completely understood line by line.

Thank you @_Marcel for your like minded posting.

The fact of the Console is that it serves no public purpose, except to allow exploiters a venue to look for noob security flaws. And needs an Off button please.

COUGH

The console has nothing that can be abused, if you have a server and you don’t look through all resources you put on it you yourself are to blame for any security flaws. Jesus christ this isn’t the pentagon have some chill

COUGH

(ignore me pls)

6 Likes

That is one vote for leaving a security concern in place. Any others?

Not a base FiveM flaw or issue. Take it up with whatever resource(s) you are using to fix their flaws.

2 Likes

You are right this is not a FiveM security concern.

But it is a facilitator of the exploitation of the weak, and stupid, that serves no practical purpose otherwise. It is a FiveM exploitation gateway.

That’s life. They need to learn to implement proper security for their resources.

1 Like

Two votes to leave a known security concern in place. Two votes to offer an option to remove it. Any others?

Stop blaming the tools for your stupidity. Unsandboxed scripts is a security concern, a console is feature.

Please make a actual vote instead of filling this topic with useless posts

2 Likes