[How-To] Convert Vehicle Add-On to FiveReborn resource

I can’t get the Addon to work…
the server just states this:

Program.cs(102=: Error: Program::Start: Could not find auto-started resource BMWM4.

ples help :smiley:

found my Error: It had something to do with the __resource.lua file it was saved in a different Coding wich is not loadable I:
fixed it like this: Copied your example resource file and replaced the file names etc. and it works now.

Unless I didnt see it or something. I am trying to add on police vehicles to my server using the names FBI3, and Sheriff4 these models did not have carvariation, handling, or vehicle metas in the download file, and now when I try to spawn the vehicles I get an error saying "could not find vehicle model ______. I am currently using Captain 14 LSPD, Sheriff, and FBI Pack.

Thanks G

I did the tutorial and it works, but now i want to add more addon cars but everytime i got the message model not found so i don’t know what to do now

probably something in the meta is incorrect that’s why its not spawning in

Thanks for the fast reaction,

I think i did something wrong into the .lua files and for the other .meta files do i need to make a other map into the addons?

Greets

Curious, (sorry if this is a noob question) but how do I spawn in the cars on my server? Spawn by name doesn’t work in the Lambda Menu?

it should work if it doesn’t then most likely the metas are not compiled properly and need to be redone so the car works properly

So i should be able to use spawn by name, also how do i know what text or name to put in to spawn the vehicle?
thank you

it all depends what you name it as in the meta files it can all be specified in there, you might just be using a wrong name or something in your pack but the meta files is what makes the car work properly so 1 mistake can make it not work at all

Alright sweet, sorry I’m a little new to all this, thanks though :slight_smile:

To make sure your xml files are not broken, paste them in here to check them. This will not check if values are wrong, but will check if you structured it wrong.

You mean the content.xml? Because that file isn’t being used in the mod folder in my server resources.

Sorry! I mean the .meta files. They are in xml format.

I wasn’t quite sure what to do here as my content.xml file was completely different to the one op had used as a demonstration so i just copied his one and edited.

resource_manifest_version ‘77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5’

data_file ‘VEHICLE_LAYOUTS_FILE’ ‘240z/vehiclelayouts.meta’
data_file ‘HANDLING_FILE’ ‘240z/handling.meta’
data_file ‘VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE’ ‘240z/vehicles.meta’
data_file ‘CARCOLS_FILE’ ‘240z/carcols.meta’
data_file ‘VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE’ ‘240z/carvariations.meta’

files {
‘240z/vehiclelayouts.meta’,
‘240z/handling.meta’,
‘240z/vehicles.meta’,
‘240z/carcols.meta’,
‘240z/carvariations.meta’,
}

client_script ‘vehicle_names.lua’

So i fixed my previous problem i belive but now when i try to spawn the vehicle in using the lambda menu, the car doesnt appear and the lambda menu stops working (f1 key doesnt bring up the meny anymore) any ideas?

I have been stumped with add-on vehicles, mostly with their added weapons and I have issues with add-on peds. Look at this, I am not sure if there is even a solution.

at the very bottom of context.xml will be another list of just the file names. the data_file entries in __resource.lua needs to be in the same order

This isn’t actually completely true, I have an add on that when it matches the content.xml it flat crashes the game. I would put the _resources.lua entries into order as much as you can, but it should actually go like this:

data_file 'HANDLING_FILE' 'Vehicles/handling.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 'Vehicles/vehicles.meta'

Handling first, then vehicles, and whatever else comes with the add on vehicles, goes on after.

Can someone show me how to do this as I have tried but it went wrong. Just need a demonstration of how to do it

So I’ve figured out how to add custom vehicles, however, I would like to add a car that has extra vehicle mods, such as bumpers, lights, etc… Addon models that can be attached to the car.

For Example: https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/lexus-gs-350-police-template-tuning-nfs-handling-sound

This car has a folder called “vehiclemods” in the rpf which are just extra models.

How does one make it so those vehicle models work?