[RESOLVED] Server doesn't stream certain data_file anymore

data_file mounters were fixed FiveM update - June 1st, 2017 (#2)

Before last major update I had some resources that were working completely fine, I didn’t touch them either aside from one I was in the middle of working on. I was working on adding some custom peds, and it was doing perfectly fine, till I started my server after FiveM updated and all of a sudden my peds stopped working. I tried moving their files around and all, but it didn’t seem to do anything.

I then tried to check my vehicles, and they do spawn, but they use a custom WEAPONINFO_FILE and their weapons don’t work anymore aside from the ones that were native to the game already, in fact, some vehicles will strait up crash the game when spawned in.

So I want to know if FiveM supports these files:

Vehicles resource:

resource_manifest_version '77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5'

data_file 'WEAPONINFO_FILE' 'Vehicles/weaponwar.meta'
data_file 'HANDLING_FILE' 'Vehicles/handling.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 'Vehicles/vehicles.meta'

files {
  'Vehicles/weaponwar.meta',
  'Vehicles/handling.meta',
  'Vehicles/vehicles.meta',
}

peds:

resource_manifest_version '77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5'

data_file 'PED_METADATA_FILE' 'peds.meta'

files {
  'peds.meta',
}

Here is where you can find my log file from connecting to my server.

Can you provide an example resource, including all data files, for ease of testing?

1 Like

One moment, I will have the full Vehicles-Military-Heli resource and the full peds resource ready for download and testing, all of my vehicles are set up the same and they all have the same exact issues, this this is just smaller compared to my land vehicles resource.

Vehicles-Military-Heli

peds

I don’t think you will find anything unusual, since it worked a-ok before.

I am guessing the cause is unknown for now? I hope someone has some insight on what is exactly going on here.

Well I updated all of my manifest versions, and its still not streaming PED_METADATA_FILE files and WEAPONINFO_FILE files.

Is there anything on this? I am super confused as to why this is even an issue.

I have tried all that I know, the only way I can get my vehicles to load is to use some lame built in weapons, and as far as my peds go I would have to completely remove them.

Did the devs of FiveM decide it was best to not allow these files to be streamed anymore? I have no clue how to solve my issue till I get a notice from someone else that it either works for them, or they also have the same issue.

Perhaps I passed a statement on it?

I have the exact same problem, everything used to work fine now my add-on peds won’t work anymore.

GOOD! I mean, I am not alone… I asked ’ Kng :gift_heart: ’ on Discord to see what was going on, he didn’t find anything wrong. If you are having the same issue, then maybe there is something going on and the dev team isn’t aware of it? (makes since when most servers only stream vehicle files, and replacement ones at that)

Yeah, my peds are set up as add-ons and none of them work anymore, strange as like literally 5 weeks ago they worked fine.

Well Kng said my server was streaming it just fine, so it must be something to do with the latest client not accepting these data_files anymore, perhaps its something the development team overlooked? Maybe its something to do with their increase of client side modifiable entries?

they’re probably broken and fixing it has been put on the backlog

1 Like

Well its good to know that at some point it will be fixed, I guess I can leave my server archived till then.

hello how can I serverside a .dat file like lightfx.dat or firefx.dat

Don’t think that’s possible.