FiveM router crash

Hi. So my problem is that I can’ t play FiveM anymore. FiveM crashes my router when I am joining server. I have to restart my router to get internet back. Can somebody help me?

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

What an absurd claim you are making. No way in hell FiveM causes this, it seems like you are making spurious correlations between events.

If this is really the case, then it’s likely caused by other issues and problems as well.

1 Like

I googled it little bit and I found out that it can be related to ping per minute. In Steam I can change ping per minute but in FiveM I can’t and that is causing my router to crash. If anyone know how to fix this thing please write here.

i once saw this happen if you connected to your local server through your external ip instead of using your private ip/localhost. Where is the server hosted?

1 Like

I don’t know where is server hosted

What is the make and model of your router?

Thomson TG784

Did you know that the more margarine is consumed, the more people get divorced in Maine?
Source: Tyler Vigen

1 Like

I think it might be time to upgrade…

This happens to me all the time, I’ve tried 3 different modems, direct hardwired, with 100MB/s download and upload speeds, 3 different locations aka different houses etc. It happens all the time. It is a FiveM issue in one form or another, so telling people that their “ACCUSATIONS” are false, is petty. I livestream gaming for 72hours at a time without crashes, but if i REFRESH or try DIRECT CONNECT to an ip with specific port, (Not just one server, but many). The internet can/will crash out for 15-60seconds depending. It happens to me frequently. Even after cache clearing and FiveM Reinstallation.

1 Like

it’s possible sure but you also need to consider the many many many people who are using FiveM and a lot more, like streaming and don’t have a problem

however, if you really think it’s FiveM and you want to prove the point (or just avoid the issue) I’d suggest you get a traffic limiter (check your network drivers, mine (Killer Control Center) has this built in, or (not endorsing this product) but a quick googling turned up https://www.netlimiter.com/) and give that a try.

If that “fixes” it you can either leave the limiter in place or get Wireshark and dig deeper.

it could be packet size, rate, or even a corrupted packet that your router can’t deal with.

Just for refreshing server list or refreshing a direct connect? But yeah i’ll definitely try that out. Thanks for the tip.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.