[FREE] On-Screen NUI Speedlimit Signs

NUI Speedlimit Signs
Standalone Realism Resource

Here is a quick resource I made for my racing server after seeing some speed limit display resources that were made using DrawText in a loop. I wanted to get a much more visually pleasing implementation while also making it more performant.

I made the speed limit sign images myself using the Highway Gothic font and the high-res sign layouts available from the USDoT Federal Highway Administration site here: Standard Highway Signs - FHWA MUTCD (dot.gov)

They are left intentionally over-sized (but not original size as the layout was huge) so you can increase the size of the on-screen signs without losing quality if you would like.

GITHUB REPOSITORY: youngsinatra99/919-speedlimits: An NUI FiveM resource to display speed limit signs on screen (github.com)

Credit: chickenlord01 for speed limit table

USAGE:
Client Event: 919-speedlimit:client:ToggleSpeedLimit

Arguments: None

Trigger this client event to toggle the speed limit display on or off. It will only show while in a vehicle.

TriggerEvent('919-speedlimit:client:ToggleSpeedLimit')

FAQ:

1. Q: How do I change the size of the speed limit sign on screen?
    A: In the file “html/index.html”, change the “max-width” value to your desired value. Default: 100px. A size of half the default would look as follows:
        #speedlimit > img {
          max-width: 50px;
        }
  1. Q: How do I change the position of the speed limit sign on screen?
    A: In the file “html/index.html”, change the “right” and “bottom” values to match your desired position. For example, a position above the minimap on the left would look as follows:
        #speedlimit {
            display:none;
            position:absolute;
            left:2vw;
            bottom:15vh;
        }

CHECK OUT MY OTHER STUFF!

10 Likes

very cool :+1:

1 Like

Is this for every road? Cuz I downloaded one and sometimes it says N/A

1 Like

hi can it move and scale ?

Should be. I’ve tested it a fair bit and haven’t run into this yet, so I’ll keep testing.

Is this a joke?

sorry bro my bad i didn’t see it soo sorry

Haha all good! :smiley:

If a server has custom signs such as UK, can the images be replaced? Asking on behalf, and awesome script by the way!

Absolutely! If you want to replace the speed limit signs with ones from the UK, I would suggest going here:
Road traffic sign images for reproduction - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Download the “Speed limit signs – EPS” zip file and import the desired sign vector into an image editor of your choice at the resolution of your choice, edit away (road signs are easy to select a box and fill with white or another color to replace numbers). Might be a good idea to find the exact road sign font used in your region. In my case, it was Highway Gothic. You will need a file for every speed between 25 and 80 mph, moving by 5mph. My folder looks like this:

1 Like

Is it possible to get rid of the command and just have it pop up when entering a vehicle and disappear when exiting?

1 Like

I found and fixed this issue now. Some speed limits were 25mph and I forgot to make the 25mph speed limit sign. A fix has been pushed :slight_smile:

Yes, it is absolutely possible. Change line 1 of the script speedlimit/client/main.lua to this:

local SpeedLimitEnabled = true

Now, speed limits will show any time you are in a vehicle, and disappear when you get out.

5 Likes

Awesome script! Thank you very much for sharing.

1 Like

the speedsigns don’t show up for me

2 Likes

same here

1 Like

Any updates?

Thank you! Great script!

Do /speedlimit in a vehicle or refer to Section80’s comment

i followed this and it only moved the sign up a little bit on the right side instead of moving it over to the left :frowning:

Hi, I have dragged the scripted into the resource and ensured it and when i go in a car the speed limit signs don’t show. Can anyone help ?

The script starts but the UI doesn’t show up