FiveM crashes with Extended video export

Fivem crashes on startup when External video export is in plugins folder. It’s a big problem for many people, as standard R* editor doesn’t allow certain options and output quality as EVE does.

And now, we can’t even work with FiveM footage within SP with EVE. Can this be somehow fixed, so we can use FiveM x EVE again?

Version 1.1868.1 (or newer, just got it updated via launcher, just to try the newest version - didn’t solve anything)
Up to date? Yes, squeeky clean, no mods
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Social club
Windows version? Win 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? I deleted and reinstalled both GTA (no mods) and FiveM (no mods)

System specifications More then enough, never a tiny problem before
What did you do to get this issue? Nothing, worked 2 days ago
What server did you get this issue on? Vanilla GTA, no FiveM server

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot CLEAN, no mods whatsoever
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot CLEAN, no mods whatsoever
Filepath to FiveM folder CLEAN, no mods whatsoever
FiveM client folder screenshot CLEAN, no mods whatsoever
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using? Avast
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? No, I doubt that would do the trick

Any help or advice on this would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Same here, used to work perfectly using the vMenu option to enter the R* editor and now it doesn’t work at all since FiveM Update that fixed the editor

1 Like

Certain maps don’t work with Editor under FiveM. After getting rid of those, Editor can be used within FiveM, BUT not singleplayer! Before, missing resources have been ignored and everything worked fine in singleplayer. But now, I can’t use EVE for exporting footage from FiveM!

That’s a big problem, please, someone fix it!

(below FiveM error because of faulty map resources)

CfxCrashDump_2020_05_21_15_48_53 - vermont-gee-summer.zip (1.6 MB)

Same thing here, it worked “fine” before the update (i had random crashes whenever people was in server and stuff while i did R editor stuff), but now it doesnt work at all, always crashes when it loads clips.

The Rockstar Editor in FiveM writes a custom format that the base game does not understand so that resources can be loaded to make the recording work correctly.

If you’re having issues loading your clips in FiveM, try loading into FiveM loadlevel gta5 and then loading your clip as a workaround if your server does not support unloading/reconnecting, alternately report a repro of the map/other resources you use that fail to unload.

First, thanks for the reply, @nta !

Second, what was the problem with previous way of Editor handling things? I never had an issue, just installed assets used on the server in the base game and everything worked.

And when I wanted to do some more advanced “movie magic stuff”, I just jumped on the server with friends, recorded what I needed (or didn’t, sometimes I wanted a car or player to be invisible for example, so I didn’t load certain assets in SP) and… Everythings worked! Especially with Extended Video Export. Afaik, we still can’t load any .asi file we want client/server side, so this is a hude problem for people like me…

That leads me to your suggestion, try loading into FiveM loadlevel gta5 , but I have no idea what to do with that - please, explain more.

Border line - are we still able to edit FiveM footage in SP or we’re fucked…? If so, can I revert it somehow, at least on my server/client?

*Repro is that we are unable to load ANY basic footage in SP with nothing else but basic FiveM resources (and vMenu on top)*

P.S. I hope it makes sense what I wrote, I couldn’t sleep whole last night and this was also literally the last thing I expected/wanted. And it shows, lol

Exactly that: the requirement to do such, or otherwise weirdly ‘soft disconnect’ from a joined server to keep assets loaded.

It should be possible to do so if you start out from loadlevel gta5 (use it in the F8 console, once the game loads enter the editor from the ESC menu).

No.

Not that, either: the need to load into SP or a local server with the same resources should be entirely gone now.

Ok, so I am able to successfully load footage within FiveM (without map mods that caused crashes though).

But it ignores EVE and exports in basic quality within R* Editor… Is there a possibility to force FiveM to load up ExtendedVideoExport.asi somehow?

The final image is slightly blurred, colors are different, no option of additional motion blur EVE supports and it saves automatically to C drive.

I do get what FiveM team is doing and it makes sense for majority, but it also gives me proper headache… I had interesting plans, but EVE support was the crucial part of it.

Also, while I was still able to export every footage in SP, I/ve got full range on tweeks like Natural vision evolved. Now, I’m stranded with it’s buggy, incomplete cousin for FiveM (since we simply can’t load whatever we want into our clients, right).

Will I get banned from FiveM when I will load NVE fully into the game’s folder instead of mods? I don’t play standard MP anymore, suppressing social club for unwanted updates/checks everytime I play the SP, so I really don’t care about those parts.

P.S. Why my reply has to be approved again? Have I used some of those words/names that can not be named? Is this some Voldemort shit again?

This should already work as long as you have it in plugins/.

No, but it won’t work either. Use the NVE addon package.

… buggy and incomplete? The NVE addon package has all functionality you’d normally expect. Not sure why you’re assuming some sort of conspiracy against yourself.

@MoravianLion The developers have fixed one thing but broke another. It seems to me that soon rockstar editor will not be available in fivem at all. I want to believe that this is not true, but so far everything has only gotten worse.

Right now I have one project that I’m shooting in fivem and exporting in single player mode using EVE. Now it is impossible to do this. A month’s work for nothing? This is the saddest news about five for me in the last 3 years of using it.

1 Like

I disagree about FiveM getting worse in general. Opposite is true. These changes for R* editor are also welcomed improvement for regular players.

For machinima creators, this is a different story though. I know how you feel. I am actually in pre production for whole video series with live actors transfered/rendered into RAGE and Blender. But this update fucks up things significantly for me so far… Anyway, we will see what will come from this in the end.

1 Like

Why the hell would you even think let alone spread such nonsense? If we’re working on improving the R* editor experience and making it more reliable, why would we undo that work by removing replay editor support completely?

No, it isn’t? Have you even tried loading ‘EVE’ as a plugin, or compiling it from source?

Yet you didn’t say even what ‘got fucked up’, except the fact your old workflow doesn’t work, which is because the need for using that workflow isn’t there anymore as everything now works without having to load into base GTA V/FiveM SP.

Neither did you state what does/doesn’t happen when you try using EVE, when the editor improvements have in fact been tested with EVE before being published and worked fine according to some canary testers.

If it worked for testers, would be great, if we would get to know the way how to make it work for everyone. Because my FiveM client throws me errors on startup. And as you see below, us over here won’t be alone. Could you, please, tell us how it worked for them (and I presume the update is already in master branch?) and why doesn’t it work for us, @nta ? We would really appreciate some assistance on this…

Only thing I have custom in my FiveM client is NVE for FiveM in mods folder and EVE in plugins.

Clipboard02

CfxCrashDump_2020_05_22_15_26_18.zip (912.6 KB)

I’m really glad to see it. Sorry, I didn’t mean to mislead anyone. It’s just a pity that some fixes create new problems.

Of course I tried it. FiveM just doesn’t load with this plugin2020-05-22 184257

I had a similar issue on my server, not sure if this was related or not but after removing some random rpf files which were in the stream folder and updating the server it was fixed.
Not sure if it was due to updating the server or removing the files not supposed to be in the stream folder.

if u even load 1 streaming file the rockstar editor crashes.
would there be a work-arround ?

Not true, @kenneth_rooman . It crashes only with problematic maps, from what I saw in crash logs.

I presumed that by “streaming file” you mean any file.

i turned off any mlo or ymap or whatsoever , and started recording .
while i was recording i spawned in a addon car, when i went to the rockstar editor ( i was the only player on the test server) , the editor opened up my file until it came across the car… then the editor crashed for me. later today i did some more tests, en i was able to record a clips of 30 seconds without any streaming files. So i have no idea what is going wrong … haha