[ESX Legacy] ESX Multicharacter

This resource is now included with ESX Legacy.

Multicharacter resource with integrated support for ESX Legacy, no edits required.
The interface is just esx_menu_default, so if you don’t like it you can use any edits or modify it yourself.

Support

No support is available in this thread or from myself, go to the ESX Legacy repository.

kashacters

You cannot move to this resource from esx_kashacters without converting your existing characters. I have not created a method to do this, and it is not a high priority; if that’s a problem you can either figure out a way to automate the process, wait for somebody else to do it, or look elsewhere.

34 Likes

Best multichar i have used and everything just works.
Congrats on getting it out out beta and getting support merged into esx legacy.

1 Like

Lesss go, no more esx_kashacters & database wipes

1 Like

About time someone has released a multi-character system for free (and a good one)! Great release as always Linden!

5 Likes

My name is Noms and I endorse this product.
Seriously though, great multichar, Linden is doing gods work out here.

3 Likes

Followed all the steps and have all the dependencies, but it just opens to being frozen a rooftop with no menus and no character options. Anyone know what I’m missing? No errors in F8.

4 Likes

F8 isn’t the only place that gets errors - it is more likely to be in the server console.
You also need to provide additional information such as what resources you run and the load order.

Any way to adapt this for esx 1.1? ive been needing this

None of my resources are intended for ESX 1.1 and I will never provide support for it.

Adapting this to 1.1 would require a hideous amalgamation of code from both 1.1 and Legacy, and if you want to actually have a server that does not constantly suffer from hitches then you need to update.

1 Like

[ c-scripting-core] Creating script environments for esx_multicharacter
[script:esx_multichar] [WARNING] Multicharacter is disabled - please check your ESX configuration

having this is console can you tell me what this is i am using everything same as you told in your github readme

elseif ESX.GetConfig().Multichar == false then
	print('[^3WARNING^7] Multicharacter is disabled - please check your ESX configuration')

Yeah i just changed to legacy and you my friend is very talented

1 Like

So im running 1.1 I guess its about time to bite the bullet and look into the update. Could someone give me an Idea of what I’m going to have to deal with when I update? Would be great to have a tutorial but Im not asking for that. Just looking for some tips and tricks once I get the ball rolling. basically using the base esx repo that zap use to promote to use. Am I going to have to start from scratch? or is it as simple as changing my items database from limit to weight and grabbing the latest version of es_extended?

1 Like

So i reset my server because a lot of my scripts were modified but its a movement from the limit system to the weight system so its a little bit to it, if your up to re doing the errors (if there is any)
then go ahead

1 Like

It’s less about the change of limit to weight (you can always modify Legacy to use limits) - the limiting factors are your resources that are likely dependant on essentialsmode, and a different database structure used since 1.2.

gottcha thanks for the insights, I know everyone loves 1.2 or legacy or final what ever its called now days. It almost sounds like " if its not broke don’t fix it" sounds like it could be alot of trouble changing from one version to the other. I know im shooting myself in the foot for not upgrading but Im just a one person dev team and the thought of having to start over does not brood well with me. Sometimes it sounds easy to update other times it sounds like i would be better off starting over again. Thanks for the replys though. I guess im just waiting to hear the right thing to make it all “click for me” have a great night!!!

brand new server.
ESX legacy
newest Artifact.
All set.
If you create a character and delete it.
It will make you next login glitched.
with no char selection and no skin selection and no errors.

OOPS.I forgot to start esx_skin.
after I start esx_skin and all things perfect.

People get stuck on that screen after creating a character

1 Like

Ensure you’re using all the latest versions of the linked resources, and actually loading them.

1 Like

Default Character clothing is not correct
Not Correct(without doing selection):

Correct(will be correct after doing selection):