dpScenes (1.0) World Scenes / Notes (Standalone)

scenepre

Previews/Screenshots:

Gui and general scene preview:

2021-02-14 00-29-29
Link for video incase streamable breaks.

Installation Instructions:

• Download from github, link in the bottom of the post.
  • Add dpscenes to your server.cfg (make sure the resource folder is named dpscenes, or whatever you wanna rename it to)
  • Make sure you are running the latest version of the fivem server artifact.

start dpscenes

Instructions:

This resource is completely standalone, admins are handled in Server/Scenes.lua.

If using SQL instead of KVP you have to import the included .sql into your database.

Use the following commands

/scene [text to go on scene] (Can also be used while creating a scene again to update its text)
/sceneremove (To remove nearby scene, if you have permission to do so)
/scenehide (To toggle seeing scenes)

Configuration:

For the Configuration you have some stuff you can mess with in Config.lua.

You can change the identifier type that gets grabbed for the scenes.

You can change the way blacklisting works, such as blacklisting a whole area from being placed scenes in.
I added an example in there.

You can also change the Scene Functions, they’re very simple.
The Prefix is the command that will be executed when someone activates the scene, and the user can set any paramaters they want.
So for example they can select the Emote one and set the paramaters to “salute”, and when someone presses e on the scene they will execute /e salute.

You can also customize the preset colours allowed, got the current ones from some list somewhere.

You can customize the name of the sprites and the sprites themselves in the Config and in the ytd ofc.

You can choose to use either KVP or SQL for saving the scenes.
KVP is the default since it has no requirements and should work out of the box, completely standalone.
Sql is the usual choice for most servers, KVP on the other hand works completely standalone.
Personally i use the SQL option, but im providing the KVP to see what others think, and to see how it handles in larger servers.

Final Notes:

Theres included localization, i just used an online tool to translate to some other languages.
The removing of scenes can be a little hard if there are scenes very close to eachother.
Yes i am aware of how bad performance wise the menu is.
Yes i am aware of how multiple scenes in one area can be pretty heavy performance wise.

Download:

Updates:

Added Scene Moving with /scenemove.
    Added Scene Copying with /scenecopy. (Do /scenecopylast to copy the last copy etc.)
    Added Scene Presets to the GUI menu, allowing users to save scenes as presets.
    Added GPS option to scene functions.
    Many other general fixes and tweaks, we’ve got this system active on a 250 slot server, with ~450 active scenes, so had to make some changes!
55 Likes

Nice script, keep doing!

1 Like

Everything from the dp range is amazing. Now I just gotta wait for dpFixMyLife and I’ll be set.

7 Likes

Working great!

2 Likes

bro, this is really incredible…
i love your releases

2 Likes

It’s not less than what we always expect then you, it’s great and will be a classic for rp servers as well. Keep up the good work bud!

1 Like

Beautiful work!! As always!

1 Like

Looks amazing bro. The DP scripts are always sick. Question - Would it be possible to edit this script and require using an item such as “Pen and Paper” to make the scene instead of a /command? Also wondering if its possible to whitelist this script to only certain players or jobs? Dont want to have 30 people writing “gay boy” all over Los Santos , ya know? Thanks!

1 Like

masterpiece

1 Like

Love your scripts man! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Always premium vibes at the price of “sharing”, always flawless

1 Like

If you’re having a hard time envisioning the use of it within rp, you can see no pixel’s version here as they narrate a scenario towards the end of the clip:

Similar concept but executed entirely differently. Still super cool and a neat release :smiley:

2 Likes

Looks amazing bro. The DP scripts are always sick. Question - Would it be possible to edit this script and require using an item such as “Pen and Paper” to make the scene instead of a /command? Also wondering if its possible to whitelist this script to only certain players or jobs? Don’t want to have 30 people writing “gay boy” all over Los Santos , ya know? Thanks!

Yes! Could be done quite easily, I didn’t include something like that in the script since I try to make my releases as standalone as possible, since so many servers use different frameworks. I’ll probably add some extra events that can be called to start creation etc.
I had some concerns about people abusing the scenes for stuff like that, but the way i see it it comes down to a server problem more than a problem with the script, leaving it free and easy to use for anyone the moment they have an idea they wanna display in the world is better than limiting it in my opinion, such as wanting to do a scene but then not having the item to do so, i had that happen to me once or twice with the notepad resource.

1 Like

Amazing work as always! Great new addition to the DPEmpire! lmao Seriously though you are a master craftsman!

1 Like

It can use NUI instead of command imo

holy moly this is a nice script good work :+1:

1 Like

It can use NUI instead of command imo

I suppose, something in particular that you think it would improve?

Yes, my bad I didn’t watch the video carefully. I saw NP’s one that I think better so

Very interesting this script!

Does it stay when you restart the server?