CURL error code 28

GTA V version? latest
Up to date? yes
Legit or Pirate copy? legit(steam)
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? 1303
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any)

What did you do to get this issue? Delete Caches, reinstall fivem, write my Internet Provider
What server did you get this issue on? Server where I am admin
CitizenFX crash zip file CitizenFX_log_2020-08-04T104332.log (45.6 KB)
CitizenFX.log file
.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using? McFee
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes

That server i running on another Internet connection, but when I am at home I cant connect, but at home I can still connect on another servers without any problems.

Please HELP me :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

6 Likes

I have the same problem…

20 Likes

The same bro

9 Likes

press f8 and then the server ip. worked for me

9 Likes

same problem. any sollution?

14 Likes

same problem

8 Likes

I had the same problem. Found out that I was still on my school’s VPN address, as soon as I dosconected from that, the error was gone :smiley:

8 Likes

iv just lately been getting this problem. any idea how to fix it ?

11 Likes

same error - i used a vpn maybe this is caused this error and i even used graphics mod for fivem - its about 2 weeks i cant join my server and i have to use a vpn to change ip then i can join server

5 Likes

This is commonly an issue with the server itself. Make sure the server (if you have the ability to) is running one of the latest FXserver builds, has the proper ports open so that you can connect, and (in this case, since you’re connecting via a subdomain) has the proper A/CNAME and SRV records.

If you don’t have access to the server, you’ll have to simply let them know. You can learn a little more about curl code 28 and others here.

8 Likes

I have just updated the server and it is not letting any of my members in. Before I updated it, it was only a few people that had this issue now it is everyone. Has anyone had this issue and can help.

5 Likes

Omg this worked thanks so much - just connect with the up through the f8 consile

7 Likes

One of my players sent me here, using your answer as solution. I find it very misleading.

How this can be a server sided issue, when 99% of players connect as usual without any issues? I know FiveM can refuse access sometimes because of DDoS attacks (on CFX side) and other non sense, but this seems to me bit ridiculous.

4 Likes

At the end of the day, that’s the most common reasons, there are much more niche and usually automagically resolved things such as firewalls (local by your family, company, uni; managed by your ISP) and NAT types (it’s best to have this at moderate or open for best compatibility with other users; strict restricts you to purely other strict and open users). At the end of the day, CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT (curl code 28) has such a wide range of reasons with not one solution to fit all.

tl;dr: my answer provides the most common solutions to a large amount of reasons for this issue

6 Likes

I just setup a server and I get this erroe, is there a video tutorial on how A/CNAME and SRV works?

1 Like

It really depends on who you have your domain’s DNS with (eg. Namecheap, Epik, etc.). The best way to go from there is to reach out to your domain’s DNS provider and have them walk you through it (virtually every setup for DNS differs between providers, for better or worst).

@Twe12Lve

2 Likes

It may have been because the server wasnt port forwarded. Im using a vps and im waiting on the support team for it to answer on how to do that, if you have any idea pls let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had CURL Error 28 Timeout because I had my router still set up for internal ports forwarding to local server on port 30120. Removing all forwarded ports related to FiveM sorted my issue out one time. Hope this helps someone.

3 Likes

so uh any fix?

5 Likes