Community Pulse - February 2024

I think the main point he’s making, as well as me, is that the Cfx.re / Rockstar Team explicitly stated that imports of assets from other games is prohibited.

Yet, these servers are easily discoverable through searching for the term “NYC”.

As @Smallo stated, we shouldn’t have to be the ones reporting infringement if finding such infringement is as easy as launching the game (as shown in my post, #1 boosted server was a “NYC” server)

To re-iterate, the main concern creators like myself have with the current enforcement of the PLA is the lack thereof.

It creates unfair competition between those that follow the PLA, and those that don’t.

3 Likes

Its just a filter being pointed out that has a huge communities that don’t get touched, Is it because these communities have a large amount of players and bring in a large amount of money for cfx.re and there partners?

I’m pointing out a big problem with Cfx.re own infringement discussion in a previous Pulse which has only got the communities attention for Imported vehicles using Third party IP’s nothing with the blatant use of custom imported assets from other IP’s like clothing, models, phone clones, may others (not to call out anyone in particular).

There is a huge problem with others copying peoples names etc. but we all know there is a particular server out there that gets a lot more support than others when it comes to PLA and third Party IP infringement while others wait to never get a clear response. (again just pointing somethings out not targeting)

As @PickleMods pointed out its unfair to compete in a space that isn’t controlled nor enforced. We couldn’t be the ones pointing these issues out. I’m all down for a transparency report every so often to see help the community “find this bad actors” through other means.

It creates unfair competition between those that follow the PLA, and those that don’t.

3 Likes

no talk of dropping some of the encryption so we can actually script more.

I just want to know if/when we are getting RedM decrypted or getting a modding tool for it… People would happily pay for it, just give us a way to actually mod the game without jumping through so many hoops! R* has a way of doing this, adding ways to modify and add wagons, weapons, proper buildings and models.

Give us the tools to keep improving our experience!

1 Like

Just give us a new map and the community will take care of the rest while we wait on GTA 6🙃

They act like they love the community but deep down they hate us. They dont want any competition for they’re next installment. Its kind of ironic how they promoted “RP week” but since then, the moral and perception of Rockstar has deeply changed in the world of indie devs.
RIPPPPP

2 Likes

Do you blame them? You’re literally stealing their game from them lol, profitting off their own game THEY have made. Legit when i look at resources all i see is PAID content like cmon now, these are supposed to be MODS and it’s wrong for unoffical content to be sold without the devs knowing/condoning about it.
At one hand we have R* milking GTA Online for the past 10 years and on the second we have a bunch of FiveM modders who think they are actually the developers of GTA V, ridicilous.

3 Likes

They never will its bad business and because they dont care about the community. If they cared they would have told rockstar to f them selves and not let Rockstar take over rockstar and f everything up i left fivem.

This is kind of oblivious to facts, fivem is part of Rockstar now. Aside from that, its common for games to allow community hosted servers etc (see battlefield/rust and may others). Guess who gets a cut of every sale done on this platform(for the ones following tos)? Its cfx and ultimately R*. I agree the fact that this platform was once against sellers and seeing people milk the community with low effort for money is nuts but that’s basic capitalism. They have done well continuing to support gta at all for 10 years, look at the state of many call of duty games online after 10 years and tell me you dont appreciate rockstar a little bit. I appreciate R* allowing this platform.

1 Like

In-case this wasn’t already obvious, but I love to be here on FiveM, and I look forward to being a contributor to the community as long as I can.

Just because we have a problem doesn’t mean it’s not fixable.

I really appreciate everything Rockstar Games, Cfx.re, & Take-Two Interactive have done to give gamers a place to build their own communities and enjoy open world video games with each other.

2 Likes

Well we still have singleplayer mods as a source of free mods, and it’s not that difficult to add something from SP to your server. And there still going to be some [FREE] resources.

You guys work with rockstar, can rockstar not give you guys proper native names and documentation for RedM? FiveM is fine I guess, everything is researched but RedM is such a mess, it’s treated like a dead rat in the corner of one’s room, and this is honestly preventing people from even wanting to touch RedM since nothing is researched and in most cases if it is, people are just gatekeeping it (Not talking about people like disguse that actually share their work)

2 Likes

RedM is treated as Micah Bell

2 Likes

fr are we keeping actual named cars in servers i think itll ruin it if you take them out like my one server did

1 Like

Meanwhile I’m a REDM player still bitter that R* dumped RDO so fast

This!! Why is it so hard? RedM NEEDS this and it would get so much better!

Come on guys I’m sure this can happen, we NEED this for RedM!

Any information from Rockstar officials on incorporating new weapons, vehicles, ped and prop animations into RedM would be greatly appreciated.

Weapons

Vehicles

3 Likes

So far i think only weapons can be modded in, as in if you want to add modern weapons to RDR2
Vehicles i don’t think so, since i doubt there any handling files and vehicle.meta files in RDR2 and even if there is, that code might be intentionally commented out by R* and thus even decompiling the exe wouldn’t do justice as commented out = code is non-existant

But then again, considering there even dispatch stuff leftover from GTA 5 (Like SWAT Helicopters and cars) makes me believe you CAN add GTA V stuff to RDR2, you just need a good reason to do so.

I don’t think weapons work like they should. They aren’t new weapons but copies of current ones.

Having totally new weapons for sale would be insane, a lot of servers would love to have more varied weaponry to make the time periods more authentic.

1 Like

Disappointing to say the least. 6 months is a long time, a long time to not have all (or atleast a majority) of the RedM Natives documented, not to mention the PLA stuff, AND no comment on the legitimate community concerns… Yikes

3 Likes