Community Pulse - February 2024

You’re asking too much from them, surely they are swamped with work so they don’t have enough time…
Oh wait, they barely update FiveM as it is…
RedM then!
Wait, that barely got any updates either…
Surely they are hard at work on something BIG…
No can’t be that either since they’re hard at work locking and shutting down threads / discussions regarding the community concerns while flatly ignoring them in the “Community Pulse”.

What an absolute joke of a “pulse”, you are so far off the pulse you can get.

8 Likes

I’m curious about the statistics regarding server takedowns. When I searched for NYC, I found a significant number of violators with a large audience for what seems to be a straightforward rule. Additionally, I’m interested in learning about the volume of reports received through tickets and gaining insight into the ticketing process. I know ive had tickets sit open up to 3 months and be closed with no reply and no action. Could we also have stats on Tebex stores being shut down due to violations of terms of service? example deliverables being offered that violate tos/stolen code being sold? Also why are we having so much push as a community to document fivem for r* as a product when its now part of r*? — Also as far as openings I volunteer as tribute to help you handle some reports because its clearly needed.

4 Likes

While this is definitely an improvement, it’s a shame that none of the recent concerns and discussion threads have gotten any public response. It’s been a month since the open letter was closed for “review” and there are still several other ongoing threads which haven’t resulted in any action.

I’m trying to stay positive but it’s difficult to defend inaction and the lack of open communication and enforcement – the only thing we got was a bunch of gossip and high-school drama.

12 Likes

I’ve generally been happy with the ramp-up in enforcement concerning TOS violations (I wasn’t expecting overnight removal of every violating community/creator), however, I think it might assuage complaints/feelings of inaction if some sort of point of contact (or groups of them) for the community to reach out to.

More “formalized” settings (maybe gated forum sections or somewhere where people can read these discussions) where this can be discussed might be helpful rather than the current informal network of Discord DMs.

I’m sure there’s a method to current enforcement and development, it would be good to have that transparently communicated to key communities which can then convey that info to their communities without an overload of noise. There’s been significant effort on the part of the community to report violators, and we’re seeing action however because we don’t have a full picture of policy, it comes off as “random”.

Would also be nice to have more standardized information identifying CFX reps/members, rather than the current haphazard system of elements/CFX members who aren’t elements/volunteers/internal and external mods that breed confusion.

Hoping the next Pulse will reflect that and give us more info on not only enforcement but also a clear, unobfuscated view of the direction of CFX/FiveM/RedM.

1 Like

I know ive had tickets sit open up to 3 months and be closed with no reply and no action.

As I understood it (through private discussions/DMs) our reports get forwarded to users internally who handle this. Closure of our reports doesn’t mean they’ve been actioned but are just closed by the system automatically.

I know it’s annoying, but a simple message saying the complaint was received and would be reviewed would be enough to clarify this to people.

What can you say about this article? There are a few mentions of the ugc content extension, and a toolkit for developers, maybe we’ll get the tools?

Protecting Our Community

Providing a positive and safe experience for all players continues to be a top priority for us. In the past six months, we have taken action against more infringing servers than in all previous years combined, and we continue to ramp up our efforts to weed out bad actors on a regular basis. We have also been allocating resources towards proactive monitoring, and we are starting to work on the tooling we need to make platform compliance more efficient for our team members.

Readers note:

I’m intentionally blurring out their server name to ensure nobody is singled out.

Either all of it’s okay, or none of it’s okay, and all the community wants to hear at the moment is which it’ll be.

10 Likes

Protecting Our Community

Providing a positive and safe experience for all players continues to be a top priority for us. In the past six months, we have taken action against more infringing servers than in all previous years combined, and we continue to ramp up our efforts to weed out bad actors on a regular basis. We have also been allocating resources towards proactive monitoring, and we are starting to work on the tooling we need to make platform compliance more efficient for our team members.

10 Likes

Yeah it’s funny how we have to be the ones to report things when they could do a simple search and get a whole batch of servers immediately.

Also easily search by resource and look for “Porsche”, “Ferrari” etc.

9 Likes

@Noor_Nahas What could this mean in the future?

i like a big joke
it’s like watching clowns do nothing

The cars in the game are copycats of real ones like dodge porsche and many more. :rofl: they really dont care.

I don’t think “NYC” is a valid one to point out vs nopix lucid mighetto and others that are in other peoples names.

1 Like

While there has been no prior moderation taken against servers violating TOS in previous years, setting the bar for enforcement at 0x0=0 (essentially no enforcement) raises concerns about the effectiveness of any future efforts. It’s unclear what improvement is expected when starting from a baseline of no action lol.

Sure there seems to be some improvement. But I feel like better communication/feedback and addressing community concerns should be a priority. And right now it feel like it is.

Someone at Rockstar needs to grab some balls and act as a leader for this mod.

I don’t know what I was expecting, but I’m very disappointed.

1 Like

I think it would be great to have some sort of transparency report (quarterly or whatever timeframe fits).

For reference, I kinda like how Discord does this:

This would be great for actual numbers on:
a) Actions taken against servers that infringe the current PLA.
b) Bans on individual accounts for cheating/…

6 Likes

I appreciate the significant improvements to the forums, and have noticed that. Even if the posts get delisted for breaking the rules, they just keep on selling over on Tebex like nothing happened.

Aside from the forums my main concern is the large servers continuing to violate TOS and get away with it. Most of these large servers are selling deliverables that are restricted on the platform or using trademarks on clothing and content ripped straight from other games, like those GTA4 maps full of leaks from different mappers (located by searching nyc and 10 seconds of effort).

Anyone who is paying for the Patreon sub should have dedicated access to expedite concerns. Maybe some regular reports, like bi weekly or monthly, could help build trust in the platform from people seeing things the way I do. Take PUBG for instance; they’re pretty good at showing they’re banning cheaters.

What’s weird though, the big servers seem to be the ones causing the most trouble, but when it comes to actually doing action on them, it’s all just rumors and hearsay or even some server owners saying tebex confirms they are in compliance. You’ll hear stories about some small server getting shut down for TOS violations, but it’s hard to pin down any real action. I can only imagine it’s a case of ‘rules for thee, not for me’ when you know so many in the top 100 are doing this.

Some voice TOS all day and give people feedback for violations when they see it, but when it comes down to it, it’s about how hard it is to compete in an ecosystem that selectively enforces these things.

Is it about the money these servers bring in? Wouldn’t FiveM make more if new servers pop up due to the population having to jump to new servers when one gets caught?

1 Like

And you don’t do anything against your own rules. Like real vehicles, whether with a logo or without? If you report a server, nothing happens

1 Like

This is NEEDED, great suggestion.

This would also be great for asset takedowns so people can see active enforcement of the TOS.

2 Likes