Coloured Mini Maps - Don't Work, Why?

The “pause” menus work no problem, but some minimaps don’t work. The mod authors have told me that FiveM doesn’t support minimap.ymt, which is rather ridiculous. But what’s super confusing, is that some minimaps work, such as ones with stupid RP zip codes on them. I just want a coloured mini map :man_shrugging:

Which ‘the mod’ are you discussing here?

I’m just trying to get coloured mini maps to work server side, and none of them will work except some with zip codes and stuff, which I don’t want.

1 Like

Can you post an example link (to a gta5-mods page or forum release topic) of one that works and one that doesn’t?

1 Like

Unfortunately I haven’t found one that works personally, I’ve only visited other servers who have had RP maps with zip codes and the mini map has worked. The ones I haven’t been able to get working in the mini map are:

1. Remastered Atlas / Colored Map 16K that also works in Radar - GTA5-Mods.com

2. 16K Atlas Map, pause menu colored map, high resolution [OpenIV] - GTA5-Mods.com

3. S.A.R. (Satellite Atlas Road) Map 16K that also works in Radar - GTA5-Mods.com

4. [Release] DLK GTAV Pause Menu HD Map Mods - w/Street names

I asked some of the mod creators why radars don’t work or why sometimes in the corners of the radar they appear colored but not the entire radar, and they said for some reason, minimap.ymt doesn’t get read by FiveM or something,

I’m not entirely sure but I appreciate you taking the time out to answer my questions and look into this

All of these seem to work via mapzoomdata disabling to force use of textures, this can be done with SET_MAP_ZOOM_DATA_LEVEL - Cfx.re Docs

1 Like

Hi again, thank you for your replies. It appears these maps are missing the required files for the mini map, I have however found a solution here:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.