Cfx.re Community Pulse - April 2023 Edition

Hello everyone,

It’s that time of the month again so we are bringing you some more news from the past month.

Copyrighted content monetization

On March 14th, all Tebex stores for FiveM servers or FiveM assets creators received communication reminding them that they should not sell third-party copyrighted content.
To avoid your packages being removed from your Tebex store, please make sure that you’re not selling any content that might conflict with any third-party brands and their respective copyrights.

For more information and reference, please read our Terms of Service, Tebex’s Terms of Supply & Acceptable Use Policy, and Rockstar Games Policy.

Asset escrow encryption backlog

Earlier last month, we were made aware that a lot of newly uploaded assets in Keymaster’s Escrow were stuck in the ‘submitted’ state.
Upon investigation, it turns out that our encryption queue had accumulated a lot of pending encryption jobs while not having enough workers to process them all, leading to waiting times of several hours instead of the usual few minutes.
As a result, more encryption workers were deployed to prevent this situation from happening again.

10 year anniversary of FiveM

April 3rd 2023 marks the 10 year anniversary of the technology behind FiveM. Originally known as IVex, and later CitizenIV, the foundations were laid for what we now love as FiveM. We’ve come a long way together, and hope you continue to enjoy FiveM for a long time to come!

FiveM updates

Cfx.re Server updates and fixes

• Newer server builds include a fix for a long-standing issue in regards to HTTP-server-induced crashes thanks to the help from members of the community.
  • The recommended server build will be updated to a newer version this month.

txAdmin updates

In the last two months we’ve been working hard on refactoring and improving some “under the hood” code in txAdmin.
So far we have refactored the console utility, replaced the entire web status and playerlist features to work through Socket.IO (more efficient!) and we are also improving the game resource by making some features completely tick-less (better performance), as well as completely rewriting the Spectate code (hooray, no more black screens!).
Not to mention a bunch of small quality-of-life improvements and fixes.
We have much planned for the future, but for the next update expect most changes to be almost invisible.

Documentation

Support platform update

During the past month, we’ve been working hard to clear the outstanding backlog of tickets (we received 13,000 tickets this month) and we’ve also been making significant improvements to our support workflows.
We’re pleased to say that this effort is very promising and we strive to continue to make improvements to our average ticket response time.

As part of this effort, we’re publishing articles on the homepage of our support portal to answer the most common questions we receive from our community.
Ongoing, this will be a central place to provide up-to-date information and guides to end-users about common concerns they might experience about our games and services.

Of course, technical content aimed towards developers will remain on our documentation website.

See you all next month! :mascot:

68 Likes

Excited to see whats next!

4 Likes

Thanks for the update again!

3 Likes

Lovely! Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

nice!

2 Likes

woooo!

3 Likes

99f9acca8755f299d5e31737521b30538d6abbea

6 Likes

:saluting_face: Nice !

4 Likes

CDOJ ON TOP THANKS TO THE FOUNDER OF FIVEM! Thanks for the Newest Update WOOOOOOOO!

2 Likes

7gpn4b

13 Likes

The new natives are awesome, i am gonna use them

1 Like

FiveM Has been a big part of my life, I thank you for all the cool updates and work you guys have been putting into the framework. You guys helped me find a place where I could meet new people and make new relationships and friends. I have been playing fivem for a good majority of its existance and I have yet to find anything bad to say about them. Keep up the good work and hope to see some big things in the future!

1 Like

Thanks to the CFX Development team, both current and past developers, which contributed to this awesome platform. You have given me but also other people an enjoyable time for the past years.
Happy 10 years. :facepunch:

1 Like

So long, scumbags who sell copyrighted material on tebex :wave:

Neat new native discoveries :sunglasses:

3 Likes

noiceeee

1 Like

When the E.

1 Like

SetVehicleWheelsCanBreakOffWhenBlowUp - FiveM Natives @ Cfx.re Docs loved

2 Likes

Amazing new natives :heart:

A quick note to everyone: these monthly topics are not a place to (re)express grievances you might have about whatever topic, or post other questions about items not mentioned in the announcement itself.

Make your own topic for that in, say, FiveM Discussion, Bug reports, or elsewhere.

Nice! But is there a way to fix a broken wheel without the need to repair the whole car?

2 Likes