Tebex new policy

My whole webstore got taken down cuz I am using real car brands and names?
Anyone else having this? And if you do, why are they doing that to us?

1 Like

Forum Topic:

Official Tebex Newsletter that every single store owner got:

Dear Server Owners,
Our goal in Tebex is to help you run a safe and successful game server. One of our key services is around monetization, and as such, we need to avoid conflict with third party brands and copyrights. Although it may be that no infringement of third party rights has occurred, we are currently investigating certain uses of Rolls-Royce, Mini Cooper and BMW names and imagery. Pending further notice, we request that any and all content containing these brand names or which otherwise makes reference to any of their respective products and services is removed from your store. We kindly ask that you act according to this request immediately, and no later than 5PM GMT on March 20th, after which we will be forced to take appropriate action.
More generally, we remind you that, in accordance with our terms of business, you are not allowed to sell anything that might conflict with third party brands and their copyrights in your shop.
If you do not list any products that violate our terms, you do not need to take any action on your store.
We know that this may have an effect on the variety of items you can offer, but do keep in mind that we must respect the legal rights of third parties in order to be able to allow you to continue to monetize your FiveM server.

To add my two cents to this:

Even without that announcement, it has always been illegal to sell things that are not rightfully yours or where you do not have a commercial license.
Tl’dr: You cannot make money with someone else’s product.

2 Likes

Do u have the right to sell it? no, u do not.
Why do u think that you just magically have the right to sell other peoples things?

How would u feel about me just walking into your house, and selling your Possessions Online, without saying a word to you. You would feel violated and probably call the police for theft, right?

You do not have the right to sell other peoples shit, end of story, end of discussion. Stop being such an entitled twit, that you think its okay for you to just straight up break laws, because you think its acceptable. if you dont like it, go complain to UK Parliament and tell them that you should be allowed to sell other peoples property just because you said you can.

To end off with, its not a “new policy”, this has always been in place, because it is a law.

3 Likes

Ok batman, I am not selling other people’s “work”, I am just selling car models that i create using real car looks and real car logos + some stores got back up again except mine. They still sell same content

that is legit, the part that isnt allowed by law. You do not have the physical right to use that logo on your products. you do not have the physical right to use ANYTHING from a brand, without written permission of the lawyers of said brand. that logo IS someone else’s work.

Why that happened?
See here: https://www.tebex.io/legal/aup

1.4 Infringes upon or violates any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other personal rights under the laws of any jurisdiction

Hope that clears up why you cant just take other companys trademarks and profit of it.

True friend, I am making the changes in my store, I also have some things of real life and I’m being somewhat careful in announcing the changes in the names and logos of the sites that model, is something that we really should follow, otherwise we will leave the doors open for some legal action, the best to do is to create and make the changes, leaving only the characteristics and changing the logos and names so we can continue creating content for the community!

Probably just gets them from gta5 mods anyway, so even more so…

I mean everyone got sent an email about using “Branded content” and they also gave everyone a Deadline to have it removed. If someone failed to follow up on the email that’s kind of a user error at that point. This is why you should always frequently check your emails.

1 Like