Auto Update FiveM Artifact

This is a simple script that will automatically update your FiveM server artifact. I just write this for myself and I thought I would share it with you guys. It is compatible with linux and windows. To run it regularly add the start.bat to your scheduler (crontab etc.)

How to use

Please make sure you have NodeJS installed on your machine. You can download it from here.
Do not update while the server is running. It will cause issues.

1. Run dependency.bat to install the dependencies.
  2. Edit the config.json file to your liking.
  3. Run the start.bat file to start the script.
  4. Enjoy! :slight_smile:

:wrench: GitHub Repository

Other tools:

FiveM Development - Everything you need for Fivem development
[Extension] FiveM Resource Manager

:open_file_folder:Feel free to open a pull request

13 Likes

this works without problems ? nice work if yes

This is bad, not every artifact are good for servers. Lot of them can have issues. Yes it’s recommanded to “test” them for FiveM team be able to fix the issues, but not update them everytime.

I have only used it privately on my machines so far. If you have problems open an issue on GitHub so I can fix your problem.

I understand your skepticism behind it, no one forces you to update every day. For servers, I recommend to introduce an update day, which you then enter in crontab. Then you can test it, maybe even first on the test server and then on the liveserver.

Very cool script
Would be great if it could get the latest recommended version or last version by config

1 Like

Thank you :heart:

Is noted for the next update :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Is it possible to roll back to a version older that the current if there is any bug or is that automatic?

Hello @Novel_Devolution,
I will add a version target in the next update so that you can return to specific versions, such as version or recommended / latest.

Update 1.0.1

• Added UpdateTarget to config (latest, recommended and specific version number) @ali_exacute @Novel_Devolution
  • Fixed a small bug with the artifact number

Thank you for your support :heart:

1 Like

:loudspeaker: Update 1.0.2

• Added Backup System

:gear:See Release here

I think FiveM can do this easily. There is a reason they do not do this.

It is nightmare for server owners to find issues with new artifacts versions. Suggest everyone to not use this.

Hello,
we already had this discussion under this thread. Update to that time now there is now even a backup system and a target function. Always updating to the latest version is very risky but FiveM divides the versions into latest and recommended. Recommended are the releases that are already tested by their site and the community.

I find this statement unfair to the people who are a big fan of it, especially on GitHub. Everyone should get the chance to test the tool, it is free and open source.

But I also respect your criticism and thank you for your contribution.

1 Like