WorldEventsM | Freemode Challenges | XP System | Number of Near Misses, Flying Under Bridges, Most Pistol Headshots and more! | Freeroam | Gametype Contest

WorldEventsM :cityscape:

Current Version: v1.0.1

As fans of GTA V, we’ve all played GTA:Online. Some of you may have purchased :shark: cards to get that dank super :racing_car: or upgrade your nightclub :partying_face: . You’ve also all come across Freemode Challenges that occur randomly while driving through Los Santos. That is what the aim and purpose of this server is: To recreate and mimick the GTA:Online Freemode Challenges!

Important Links:

IP Address: d0p3t.nl:30130 (Direct Connect)
Discord: Click me
Server Browser: Click me
Source Code: Click me

What is WorldEventsM?

In short, WorldEventsM is a gamemode that makes use of MP Player Stats to recreate GTA: Online freemode challenges.

Challenges are continuously cycled at random to create a unique atmosphere. WorldEventsM currently has eight (8) different challenges ranging from Number of Near Misses to Highest Skittles. For a full list of available challenges, see further on.

This server has been written completely in C# using popular libraries like Json.NET by Newtonsoft and NativeUI to speed up development. Full source code of this project is available will be released before the deadline of the Gametype Contest. Before I do so, I want to clean up the code and add a couple of more features. Unfortunately, I will be going on holiday this Friday (21/12), so we will see how far I’ll get. Eitherway, it will be released.

Features

• Eight (8) different Freemode Challenges, I call them World Events
  • After an event, always play a new challenge
  • Challenges consist of: kills, distance, and others (full list see below)
  • Earn XP after you place in an event
  • Level up your rank with XP ( :blush: Soon™: Unlock vehicles and other features when you level Level Unlocks are here!)
  • Keep track of your current and high score
  • Automatic vehicle spawns on certain events (i.e. planes, helicopters)

Full World Events List:

Below is a list of all available world events (freemode challenges). They will be chosen at random and shown at the top left of your screen.

Name Player Stat Event Time (min.) Description
Number of Near Misses NUMBER_NEAR_MISS 5:00 Perform the most near misses with other vehicles in a land vehicle
Flying Under Bridges FLY_UNDER_BRIDGES 5:00 Fly under a bridge. Points will not be given for flying under a bridge more than once
Fastest Speed MP0_FASTEST_SPEED 4:30 Achieve the highest speed in a road vehicle
Most Pistol Headshots MP0_PISTOL_HEADSHOTS 5:00 Achieve the Most Headshots with a Pistol
Longest Survived Freefall MP0_LONGEST_SURVIVED_FREEFALL 4:00 Achieve the lowest freefall without dying
Highest Skittles MP0_HIGHEST_SKITTLES 5:00 Achieve as many vehicular kills as possible
Longest Jump MP0_FARTHEST_JUMP_DIST 4:30 Achieve the farthest jump using a vehicle
Highest Jump M0_HIGHEST_JUMP_REACHED 4:30 Achieve the highest jump using a vehicle

Screenshots & Video

Here’s some screenshots and a video to, hopefully, get you excited.

More Screenshots

Full Event Video

https://youtu.be/KoZ8vVTCsZM

Known Issues

There are probably quite some little bugs here or there, so if you find any, please let me know here or on Discord. As for now, I know these issues exist:

• XP Bar on Level Up might not show the correct updated level (don’t worry, in the system it’s fine) Fixed!
  • Longest Survived Fall might not always register your fall if using a plane + parachute

Credits

Last, but not least, some credits to people who have helped me throughout the testing process. :heart:

@IceHax, thank you for initial testing. We found too many bugs, but they are all fixed (especially the top 3 not updating grrrr.)
Thanks a lot to @TheIndra who spent countless hours (seriously, I lost count) with me testing the past two weeks. Your input really helped a ton.

9 Likes

:wink: good job man, :heart:

1 Like

Thanks Icehax :slight_smile:

I can’t wait for your dog fight and other game modes server to be up.

yup, soon:tm:, just gotta add shops and make the whole thing stable, the other guy making in with me is gonna be posting in the server bazaar for early testers soon as well :smiley:

2 Likes

So why not just go play GTAV?

Because this is FiveM. In GTA Online there are limitations, in contrast to FiveM.

1 Like

This. I saw the natives and the documentation by @Vespura and thought it would be an interesting thing to look into. So it’s more like: Why not? I do not know a server that has this. I made this post to get some more people to play so that I can get feedback.

And most importantly: aren’t you all tired of only seeing topics about the same lame, non unique, buggy roleplay server? I am, hence why I’m excited for Icehax to finish his and others. Get more variety in the server list.

Not to mention that a lot of people are banned on GTA Online so they might want to play these challenges. These challenges also happen constantly. On GTA Online there’s a longer cooldown.

Lastly, people reading/seeing this might get an idea for their own game mode to submit to the contest. The more submissions, the better :mascot:

2 Likes

Good morning everyone,

A little update from my side.

Small Bug

Over the Christmas period I saw there was a bug with handling the top scores if the last player would disconnect. This could result in a server exception. I’ve fixed this.

Plans

Today I will cleanup the code and submit it to the gametype contest.

People have said they are enjoying the game mode, so I just want to thank you and let you know that I will continue working on it in 2019 albeit at a slower pace.

If there are any outstanding requests, concerns, questions or otherwise, don’t be afraid to ask me in this topic or on Discord (link see main post).

-d0p3t

1 Like

After the vulnerability debacle last night, I have updated the server artifact. WorldEventsM is available again to play.

Search for WorldEventsM on the server list or direct connect via the IP address linked in the first post.

Stats

Since the public launch of WorldEventsM, 58 players have connected to the server. Most of you played multiple events, so I’m glad you are all enjoying it! It’s difficult as a non-RP gamemode to gain players, so it’s good to see that there are at least people willing to try it out.

Source Code

After cleaning up the code and bugs, I submitted WorldEventsM to the gametype contest. This also means that the source code is now public Click me

Contest Extension

Since there is a 7 day extension on the gametype contest submission to get rid of some bugs or add new features, I might work on adding ways to make use of your XP (spawning vehicles, teleporting to places etc.). However, these next couple of days are my only “alone time” and due to me programming professionally, I might not touch any code at all until I go back to work.

That’s it for now.

-d0p3t

Thank you for all the kind words and feedback after WorldEventsM was officially announced as a Gametype Contest submission!

Even though the server is nowhere near where I’d like it to be, I believe it’s going in the right direction and can become a small server with enough players to eventually support some type of economy. We will have to see how it develops to figure out what exactly that will entail, but I appreciate the response to the server that I’ve gotten until now! :heart:

Pinned Server

For those that haven’t noticed or seen it yet, due to WorldEventsM being submitted to the FiveM Gametype Contest (+ prizes!), a second server hosted by FiveM is now available to play on! :partying_face:

It is pinned to the top of the FiveM server list or by using Direct Connect.

Upcoming Update v1.1

In the next couple of days, a new update will be pushed to the original/main server. This update will consist of minor bug fixes and new features. Here’s an overview of the main added features:

• Interaction Menu: A main interaction menu will be available by pressing M. Among those features will be the ability to spawn cars, planes, helicopters and toggle PvP.
  • Level Unlocks: Coming with the update will be the ability to unlock vehicles and certain interaction menu items depending on your level. You increase your level by placing in an event (this is already a feature in the current release)
  • User Interface: There will be some added UI elements to view things like your current level and total XP.

These are the three main changes that I am willing to share at this time. Under the hood some bug fixes will take place. Other exciting features will be shared once the patch goes live.

Leaving Alpha Behind

Due to the success of both the pinned and original server in terms of bugs and performance, WorldEventsM is now officially out of the Alpha stage. There are still features that I’d like to add even after the next update, but in the current state it’s stable enough to not be seen as Alpha. For now I will also skip a Beta phase.

I’ll see you in-game!

-d0p3t

1 Like

this is, by stock, how the world events would be in GTA:O. If I’m correct, you’re able to use the source code to implement your own world events. One thing I ask is; is it possible to implement a feature that lets you opt out of these events, or is everyone forced to see/participate with these events?

Correct! It’s very easy. There’s a base class that you can use to build your own! Primarily, the events currently in the gamemode are using stats that are automatically tracked by the GTA engine. If there is enough interest, I can perhaps show how one would do this.

It’s not possible to deactive/activate your own event. There is a playlist randomly generated that goes through the available events. This way, players can compete for the high score together. You are however not forced to participate. If you just want to roam around and race with a newly unlocked vehicle, you’re more than welcome to do so.

It’s here, the new update is live!

Only on the Official Server!

Unlock the X80 Proto at level 12!

Overview

There’s now an interaction menu available by pressing M. It’s a menu written with MenuAPI by Vespura. Current features:

• Spawn vehicles (categorized)
  • Toggle PvP
  • Set voice proximity

The plan is to expand this in the future. You may already see menus for changing your appearance and customizing your vehicle. These are disabled for now as they are not fully ready.

This also means Level Unlocks! Yes, that hard earned XP finally has value. Level up and gain access to more vehicles that you can spawn! In the future, unlocks will also include player appearance, vehicle colors and so on. So stay tuned!

You can also now see your Level & Total XP on the top left of the screen.

Changelog

• NEW Interaction Menu. Press M to gain access to a menu to spawn vehicles, toggle PvP and more!
  • Added UI updates to show Level/XP (top left)
  • Added level unlocks (vehicles spawnable via interaction menu)
  • Added voice proximity setting (default - 20m). You never know if someone is blasting your ears while speeding down the highway for that top score in Number of Near Misses.
  • Added PvP toggle
  • Added common waypoints
  • Removed time freeze. Let me know what you think. Day/Night cycle or keep it sunny all the time?
  • Updated notifications
  • Fixed an issue where dependencies were ignored for those trying to build the project

That’s it for me today.

If there are features you’d like, don’t hesitate to let me know! I also accept pull requests in the source if you want to get your hands dirty!

-d0p3t

2 Likes

HOT :fire:

I understand. Thanks for explaining. Also; nice update! :+1:

1 Like

Probably but the game mode is always running so would interfere with other scripts

Hey man quick question, I been using this to test my own server and really been enjoying it however it is messing with the time and causing major flickering(it’s probly conflicting with a script of my own). Because it seems to be freezing time its causing this flicker I think? Is there a line or something I can edit in the code somewhere to stop it from pausing the time? I do like this a lot, you did a really good job on creating it!! Would love to see more things added in the future

@d0p3t Hey, How do i use this? I’ve been in my server for like an hour and nothing has happened. i assume the events trigger automatically.

Should do, but the code is very old and probably doesn’t work out of the box anymore. I also do not support it anymore so you’ll have to figure it out yourself

damn… that makes me sad. Been looking for some non rp events, this would’ve been sweet.