Win 8, Game Cache update

Looked up mixed answers if Win8 Works or not.
GTA5 Steam version NOT PIRATED

Going to install the game cache, stops with error GTA _5_PATCH_1_0_505_2.exe failed with CURLcode 0x12

Tried to enter the link and download it from there. It got to like 80% jumped to 100 then said something about integrity check failed

could you provide a screenshot of the error but it is better if you are running it on win10 as it is much more stable with win10 rather than win8

Roger that. Still shouldn’t be an issue for an install at least. Here is the screen shot of the error when i try to update fiveM cache from online.

this sometimes happens when the server that sends out the data is being cleaned try and do a fresh install with nothing about fivem on your computer.

I Did try that yesterday mid day possibly when servers went down if im correct. I will go ahead and uninstall fivem and servers folders and try again. Will give you update in about 2 hours

Hello!

We believe you are having issues with FiveM, we would like to have some additional information.

Error Format

Please provide the requested information using the above template.

Thanks.

Deleted all i could find then tried to install again. Failed. Here it is.

**GTA V version?

Up to date?
Yes did update yesterday before starting fiveM mod.

Legit or Pirate copy?
Legit off Steam
Steam/CD/Social Club?
Steam
Windows version?
Win 8 64Bit

Error screenshot

GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveReborn folder
Above in same image
i made FiveReborn folder because someone on the forums told me. When i run fiveM.exe and it asks to install cache i dont see any folders being created i think because it fails.
FiveReborn client folder screenshot

CitizenFX.log
file Above

.dmp files**
Does not generate crash file in FiveM.app

when it asks you if you want to install cache do you say yes or no

Remove your caches.xml and try again. Disable any used anti-virus.

Yes ofcourse. and @Boss Doing it now before i go to work

I didnt uninstall everything. I just deleted caches.xml and still same error. Should i uninstall it all again and then delete and try again ? @Boss

Could you check for Windows updates?

1 Like

@boss yup up to date. This sounds crazy and all but are the installation instructions still correct after all the updates ? Because i feel like something isnt being linked into right place or something.

reinstalling the game maybe that would help.

Done. Trying out update now

Nope still same issue >.<

CURL CODE 0x12 error when installing FiveM look at the final post

soool ummm whos gonna let me get their files lul…

Here is the only solution i found on your forums that someone said it worked. But you have to download VPN…

it would take me up to 15 hours to upload my files on my bad internet so i cant

LOL i get 1000Download speed and 75 upload and i have errors downloading. I was kidding about the files would really be nice to find a solution. I will try the VPN when i get home

@RB-BRZ @Boss welp worked like a charm. Downloaded free VPN and it installed no errors. You guys may want to include that for download instructions for those who get error.