What'd you like to see changed/improved on FiveM's client/server itself?

Just a general question as stated in the subject - anything goes, no suggestion is silly.

3 Likes

I’m selfish NUI: Mouse interactions

1 Like

The ability to load some Rockstar scripts. Such as the cablecar or MP clothing stores. I know it’s a big ask and it’ll probably result in a no as I don’t understand how this shit works.

3 Likes

scripts need globals

globals need initialization scripts

initialization scripts need all scripts

Ah okay. RIP that idea then. Damn :frowning:

The ability to enable addons rpf only on specific servers.

1 Like

Improve populationPedCreating :eyes:

1 Like

Better information regarding hitch warning's server side. In other words, the correct implementation of this attempt:

Reason being that there are always a lot of questions regarding hitch warnings. I understand one can run an ETW trace, but being able to instantly see at least what resource and/or thread is causing these hitch warnings will significantly reduce the amount of support questions regarding this.

5 Likes

Yeah that would make life easier. Just read through the PR and to “track” if you will, hitch warnings better would be good.

I’d like to see more people using canary builds and actually testing changes,
so when an update is pushed to prod we don’t get 100+ whining children

3 Likes

Would like the new C# assets (CitizenFX.Server.Core.dll etc) to be added to the Linux artifacts by default, so that some idiots can no longer complain why certain C# resources won’t load on their Linux server.

1 Like

external emoji for gated channels

also, a cool thing to do could be to fix azerty keyboard
It seems that FiveM does not recognize ‘our’ keyboard and (in settings) shows wrong controls (W instead of Z) which is kinda confusing, even though outside FiveM it works fine

Here it is actually ZQSD not WSAD

A default :mascot: server icon for those servers who don’t have a server icon set.

4 Likes

OneSync improvements :heart_eyes:
But besides OneSync I would like to see some NUI control improvements that @PichotM mentioned above.

3 Likes

Could you guys look at hitch warnings. We have an extremely powerful server, that should be able to handle the workload of a couple of FXServers. They use barely any CPU/Memory of the total resources available - yet if we try to use the server for zipping/compressing or uncompressing files there’s a hitch warning which keeps going until the server is restarted. This means we cannot use these powerful servers for anything other than live FXServers.

I understand this might be due to resources (perhaps Mysql-Async) but a way to debug these issues would be a huge help.

A server-sided resmon,

I know there are alternative ways & methods which I use to optimize my server but a resource monitor server sided similar to the client sided resmon would be incredibly helpful to us developers/server owners.

oh and keep up the good work with OneSync, we cannot wait for it to be more stable.

One more thing: Unsure if possible but can FiveM set voice chat to be enabled by default on push to talk? Saves a lot of time getting new people to turn it on.

2 Likes

You didn’t really specify how this should work. Cursor should include mouse buttons/wheel?

Unlikely since server switching is a thing and local files may include overrides for files that aren’t part of DLC reloading. It’s more likely that either reverse-game will be implemented, or local files will be blocked outright.

IIRC this was causing issues with running out of script GUIDs due to events being broadcast/multicast. Might be possible to set a callback in a setter nowadays though assuming refs are A-OK these days.

A proper profiler is still planned, but UI for this is a kind-of concern: a web UI wouldn’t be discoverable enough, most servers run headlessly, and a devcon/vconsole-like socket would be even more problematic.

See for an example of what we’re trying to emulate (and what exists already as integration in debug builds): https://optick.dev/

If only. Not really a ‘client/server itself’ thing.

Would make sense, but AFAIK the required tools to build facades don’t run under Linux/Mono easily, and due to build staging this can’t be copied from other builds either.

This is why the new NuGet packages shouldn’t be used server-side yet, and why they’re not added to the docs yet either I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

Not ‘client/server itself’. Also, not going to happen unless Discord allows blacklisting certain emoji (using patterns/whatnot).

Is this a thing V itself does at all?

Interesting idea, but would need artwork for a parametric SVG which allows variable colors for the snail using… some styling? At least EmojiTwo itself is SVG already. :laughing:

Every so often…

Are you ‘compressing’ files using all threads? Of course a CPU-intensive operation hogging all available CPU cores is going to lead to other processes being deprioritized. Try increasing the priority for FXS.

The server doesn’t have any UI - how would you imagine this to work? :stuck_out_tongue: See above for a discussion on profiling considerations.

Isn’t voice chat enabled by default already in new V user profile configuration? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

The server doesn’t have any UI - how would you imagine this to work? :stuck_out_tongue: See above for a discussion on profiling considerations.
JSON format? Just like the player.json

NUI: Mouse interactions Updated (I hope it is better)

Is this a thing V itself does at all?

It works fine in V.
This is also the main reason why french people are kinda lost with fivem’s controls and that ton of videos are encouraging people to install a modified “default.meta” in their citizen folder.