Web administration and cfx.re/Project Nucleus

As some of you may have already noticed, the latest Windows server builds include mentions of the Nucleus project upon launching your server, somewhat similar to this:

This URL is, generally, a TLS-using :lock: reverse proxy to your serverā€™s IP/port, based on your unique license key.

This system will be used for a lot of cool features in the future, including completely reworking the way you set up servers to be a lot simpler and easy to do, but at this time, the main thing you get is a web administration panel (oh, and you can use the host name to connect to your server!).

If you click the ā€œLoginā€ button on the top right, you get a few more features:

Login types

(to enable Steam/FiveM authentication, youā€™ll have to grant ACEs to users - built-in ACE management and a list of all ACEs will come soon! the key owner FiveM account will usually have access already)

Kick button

IP display

Resource management

(thisā€™ll be a lot cooler once FXPorts ships!)

Live server console output

(no input in the current version, hopefully coming soon!)

A logout menu

menu

Quite important.

Plans

Weā€™re intending to add a few interesting features, such as:

• Initial server provisioning.
  • Watchdog support.
  • Event/hook integration to allow resources to add features to the admin panel.
  • Client console/error reporting to servers.
  • Some sort of persistent metrics?
  • Configuration editor.
  • ACL permission editor with persistence!
  • Support for easily discovering all servers you have access to manage. (switch between server panels with a single click)
  • Perhaps lots more. :man_shrugging:
  • Your suggestions and PRs!
48 Likes

sounds good

2 Likes

Nice Work

2 Likes

Wow okay, this is gold.
Do you have any idea when it will come for linux ?

Linux builds will return when we get our Alpine build machine back up, which is uncertain when. Weā€™re intending to have this be included by then, however. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Love it. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

:heart:

1 Like

Interesting, looks pretty similar to the same ā€œWeb Administration Panelā€ already released here on the forums. https://github.com/tabarra/txAdmin (heres the github). Canā€™t wait for the linux builds though. Should be fun. Is this running off of NodeJS?

2 Likes

This looks very interesting. Canā€™t wait to see it

1 Like

How do I get access to this panel?

Well an easy way that i found was if you have the latest server build and you get that cfx.re msg in your cmd window then it will give a link and you can just copy and paste it on the web and log into it.

I agree with @NotBootium This is very similar to Tabarraā€™s txAdmin panel. I am pretty happy with his project but this would also be a nice feature for all those who are less informed about how servers work. Very noob friendly! Great Job yet again FiveM :slight_smile:

I am going to monitor this project but I too like @tabarraā€™s txAdmin panel as well.

3 Likes

Found a bug. At the top right where avatar located it uses a wrong link. It uses ā€˜user_avatar/forum.fivem.net/reloadedboss/128/44678_2.pngā€™ instead of ā€˜https://forum.cfx.re/user_avatar/forum.fivem.net/reloadedboss/128/44678_2.pngā€™ so image canā€™t be displayed when I am logged in.

3 Likes

Ah. It indeed seems that sometimes the forums return a relative avatar URL, when at other times they return an absolute URL.

Thanks for the report!

4 Likes

the problem is that I canā€™t access the link that appears to me in cmd

1 Like

Does it not allow you to copy it and then paste it in firefox or chrome or what ever you use for a web browser? And it should be the link that says you name it it so say mine is something like godhatesme(somerandomstuffhere).cfx.re or if that donā€™t let you then make just try cfx.re in web and see if that works. If it does then sign in and you can register using your steam or FiveM itā€™s self

Edit: Iā€™m not sure if cfx.re is an actual domain so i may be wrong about that part.

1 Like

the page is not working

you have to use your serverip:port on the web or if you are local http://localhost:30120/webadmin/

5 Likes