(Concept) Cobalt Companion Panel - Easier Dev Work & Expanded control panel

I’m starting work on a new project which i’ve dubbed as a “Companion Panel” Essentially this Control Panel aims to extend the standard control panel options to make dev work or even just general server activity easier as a whole.

I’ve got a list of planned features,

• Server Start/Stop
  • Easy Cache Clearing
  • Easy Resource Reloading
  • Optional Automatic Resource Reloading
  • Easy addition of resources into the master server.cfg
  • Easy installation of resources as a whole.
  • In-Depth Server Event Scripting
  • Icecon Integration
  • Automatic/Easy Perms?

All in all, i’m just trying to gauge if this is worth developing; would a program like this interest you?
also, if you have any ideas or questions, feel free to ask them.

To be completely honest, I don’t see a point to this - however this doesnt mean that others think the same thing.

My reasoning is that majority of this stuff can already be easily and I personally feel that the addition of a a ‘Companinion Panel’ would not improve the workflow of a dev that much.

Please don’t take this the wrong way and I’m sure other people’s opinion will differ from mine.

Many Thanks,

Dunning

I understand where you’re coming from, and i’ll definitely be looking into better ways to impact the workflow as a whole. At the time being, most of the things listed above are menial tasks that me & my buddies find annoying. Thanks a bunch for the reply and if you have any suggestions on how to improve the idea/shift focus, let me know.

Actually, if you can find away to do live edits to a Vehicle’s meta files that would extremely helpful for modelers like myself and other developers.

1 Like

Isn’t this exactly the same as the new webadmin feature in FXServer?

1 Like

Couple of issues:

1. The name - It violates the FiveM representation term https://fivem.net/terms
  2. Like TheIndra said, same as web admin

This project is, albeit probably a good exercise for yourself, abundant as FiveM’s own tool is in the works. FiveM also prefers official tools versus third party tools

1 Like

I’m not very good at legal speak, does that essentially mean i can’t use the name “FiveM” in the official title because i don’t own the rights to FiveM?

Holy shit, i swear I didn’t just snatch the idea, I guess I was five days late to a good idea. fuck dude, that actually sucks. Thanks for pointing it out. Regardless, as @dop3t said, I still think it’ll be a fun project to learn the ropes with.