Weapons.meta not working properly on b2189

FXServer: 3797
build: b2189
(even tried b2060)

Hello there, I have this specific problem with streaming edited weapons.meta on b2189
My edited weapons.meta defines clipsizes, effects, damage and recoil for weapons from the “base” game.

So weapon like Combat Pistol in default have 12 rounds and after edit it’s 17, like the real life counterpart of Glock 17.

When I stream it on base build of the fiveM it works fine as it should.
But after i tried to stream it on b2189 it works like only half of it.
The effects, damage and recoil still works, but the clipsize stops working and shows 12 rounds instead of 17.

The weird thing is, that clipsize stops working on every weapon that had it changed.
So I think something on that build “rewrites” my changes but only the half.

Here is mine edited weapons.meta and weaponcomponents.meta

weapons.meta (1.1 MB)
weaponcomponents.meta (71.2 KB)

In resource.lua I put it in like this:

data_file 'WEAPONCOMPONENTSINFO_FILE' 'data/weaponcomponents.meta'
  data_file 'WEAPONINFO_FILE_PATCH' 'data/weapons.meta'

BASE fiveM with my weapons.meta:
2021-04-11_11-30-08
b2189 with my weapons.meta:
2021-04-11_12-10-39

Thank you for your time, looking into this.

1 Like

Works fine here, not sure how you managed to break it. Are you sure you also have files entry for all your data files in fxmanifest.lua/__resource.lua?

Nevermind, I figured it out.
The problem is, you need to figure the correct order, which loads first.
When you have more weapons.meta files on each build of the game it works differently.
Cause closed

1 Like

Nevermind, I figured it out.
The problem is, you need to figure the correct order, which loads first.
When you have more weapons.meta files on each build of the game it works differently.
Cause closed

What? You need to figure out order of what? What loads first?
What do you mean more weapons.meta filed on each build?

Could you maybe share the order with everyone else?

I’m having the same issue and despite loading in DLC release order, i’m still having some clip sizes not change.

This is the closest thing we ever have had to an answer on the weapons.meta not working and you gave the absolute worst explanation.

Mind putting it into more detail? What did you do? I’ve modified the weapons.meta on 2545 and to no avail, the clip size doesn’t change but other stats do (?)

What I’ve noticed is that changing the mag size in weapons.meta doesn’t do anything, to have it work you must change it in the mag components in weaponcomponents.meta