[VR Support] Virtual Reality Support

It would be very cool if there would come some Virtual Reality Support in FiveM, since most FiveM servers are Roleplaying servers I belive adding VR Support would only make the experince more Realistic and fun.
It could be the FiveM Team or some smart heads that make it work with some mods or something I don’t know.

If you get VR to work in FiveM hmu!

1 Like

There is a mod that supposedly should work for GTA: GitHub - LukeRoss00/gta5-real-mod: R.E.A.L. mod - VR conversion for Grand Theft Auto V (I have tested it a while ago and it work back then)

There’ve been a few attempts at implementing this but since none of the existing mods are open source or willing to share existing solutions to common problems most these attempts dead-ended.

This would be very hard for Servers. That means Each Resource/FiveM File, would have to customly make custom controls for Cars, Holsters, Guns, etc. It would be very difficult, but It’s a good idea, and should be added in the future, when VR gets more Popular. :+1:

2 Likes

It is not needed, because this mod only supports headset. No controllers. So you need to play with controller (for example xbox)
Edit:
Also after little bit of research I found out, that R.E.A.L. mod developer tried to get it working on fivem, but because of d3d11.dll it can not be done (link: Any plan/is it possible to add support for fivem, or know of a way to get it working? · Issue #34 · LukeRoss00/gta5-real-mod · GitHub) and also because of servers blacklisting mods in clients.
I think it would be possible to get it working, but developers of fivem and R.E.A.L. need to cooperate.

As above:

This isn’t a concern on our side.

Sorry for the necropost, but it is so frustrating as a devoted VR player to be denied my crack! The current dead end is the hooking method clashing, on a .dll. Its not impossible to solve, in fact even with my broke ass life i would happily pay a premium as a hoster or even a client to gain access to VR.

Mainly as my friends are old school and cant do VR, or new games it would seem and I would love to game with them in my format and them in theirs!

@VXF-t0et0e

You might be interested in this thread :slight_smile:

1 Like