Fivem vr

Hello, I have started the development on fivem vr with an oculus rift s, and if you have any ideas on what scripts i should add to it, then you can write it down here.

It’s still in the early stages but some ideas won’t hurt.(and it keeps me going)

Newest video: Fivem vr test #8 - YouTube

Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCvZojDQIw-jexRWqAkde5Hw

6 Likes

That’s just a controller that tracks its location as well…

1 Like

You mean the two oculus controllers right?
I’m only using the oculus headset and the oculus controller with some software

1 Like

yeah I’m talking about the controllers. I’m not sure how they work with FiveM tho…

1 Like

This looks awesome so far and I’m excited to hear about future updates, which brings me onto a question…

What do you mean by this:

Are you referring to developing scripts for FiveM that are VR compatible or do you mean scripts for Windows/Oculus itself?

I mean that i would convert scripts so that they will be vr compatible, like inventorys, huds and so much more. And I would create scripts that would make the real vr experience(driving, shooting, etc.)

It’s using a bit of a workaround, so It’s gonna have some limits

And the server you would like to play on would have to put a resource in their server

@Matehun00

Okay, sounds interesting.

Is this an open source project? If someone wanted to contribute by testing/developing, is that feasible?

It’s not open source right now, but I’m thinking about that too

New video up about hand rotation

1 Like

This is such a cool idea! :+1:

Just got a few questions (as a VR users myself).

So do you think you would be able to setup IK Body in FiveM? Like a fullbody that is being tracked. (Instead of the flashlight it would be the hands). Since I’m guessing something like that is pretty far fetched.

And what do you think the possibilities with this is? Can we see a RP server in VR anytime soon, or like I said before. Is it to far fetched.

Anyway, keep on the grind and you are doing amazing things man! Keep it up :fire:

1 Like

Thanks man, and to your questions, i can say that the RP server with vr might be done in the near future.
The full body tracking is a lot trickier than a normal vr headset with hands, but in the future it might be possible.

Yeah I didn’t really mean the full body tracking. I just ment IK

So that it stimulates a full body, but just using a VR Headset and controllers.

Would that be possible to connect onto a Ped?

Oh that, I’m dumb.
I have a few ideas on how to make a full body, and i might look into Animkit’s sourcecode and use that on peds somehow

Definitely interested in implementing this and testing this on our server. I’m leaving this comment so that I can receive updates on it’s progress. I have a whole host of scripts I’d like to see implemented, but would like to see this move forward first. Good luck in the development.

What kind of subscription pricing where you thinking of in the future if this does come to fruition?

New video up
Started the development on duis

Thanks for being interested.

We are still thinking about the financial model.

My first real look in the vr headset with fivem

2 Likes

[Bump] I found a workaround to the info between the fivem client and the vr program using nui, so yeah, i hope this works and we can be done with this(info transfer). :smile: