Vlad Gears (Manual Transmission)

Description

Creates a system that allows players to convert their vehicles from automatic into manual with shifting and clutch controlled by FiveM keybinds.

Available for any ground vehicle, excluding military, boat, aircraft ect.

Individual gears are not simulated; the vehicle actually changes gears while maintaining default GTA 5 gear ratios.

Enabling the manual gearbox:

• Option 1: Available in Jim Mechanic version v3.3.6 Add the Manual transmission upgrade to your vehicle. Then Jim Mechanic will activate the manual transmission as long as the upgrade is applied to the vehicle.

• Option 2: /manual_trans command that instantly toggles the manual_gearbox. Will reset to auto after exiting the vehicle

• Option 3: the script can check for the CF_GEARBOX_MANUAL advanced flag, if it is present the manual gearbox will be enabled permanently.

The script is configurable to encourage different player behavior or to control what features are enabled or not. For example you can disable the need to use the clutch, if you want to shift without needing to consider it.

Resmon in my testing was 0.01 when not in vehicle, 0.04 when in vehicle with activated manual transmission.

Requirements

Gamebuild 3095+ (ChopShop update)
baseevents (from cfx default resources)

Preview Video

https://youtu.be/2gofGqk9S2k

Features

Clutch simulation:

When pressed the car will rev dependent on vehicle throttle but only extremely minimal power will be applied to the wheels.

Dynamic shifting duration depending on clutch usage:

If you don’t use the clutch before shifting the vehicle will take longer to shift.

Optionally the shift duration will also increase if the clutch is released before the shift has completed depending on how close the shift was to completing.

Shift duration both for with and without clutch usage is configurable. By default the shift duration is the same as automatic when not using the clutch.

Synchronized current gear for all players:

Regardless of if the player is the driver or not the vehicle will sound like it is in the correct gear. (It won’t sound like it is stuck in 1st gear)

Rev Limiter:

Throttle will be cut when the vehicle reaches the end of the rpm range for each gear.
When above the top speed for each gear the vehicle will slow down due to normal engine braking.

Engine stalling:

If the vehicle drops below a RPM threshold for longer than the duration set in the config the engine will shut off.

It will restart after shifting to 1st gear.

Stall only occurs in gears 2nd and above, RPM threshold and duration are configurable. (Disabling the stall feature is possible)

Animations:

When the player shifts their ped will play an animation. Works for RHD and LHD.

Sound effect:

Plays a sound when the vehicle shift starts or completes. In default configuration it only plays when the shift had completed.

Extra gear from upgrades remover.

In default GTA5 after adding any LS customs /carcols.meta gearbox upgrade the total amount of gears available to a vehicle will increase by 1.

As an optional feature the script will check if it has a gearbox upgrade and remove the extra gear it had gained.
Available for all vehicles or configurable to only apply to vehicles with a manual gearbox.

Speedometer integration:

Due to how the neutral gear and the gear shift is simulated current gear indications may be wrong.

To alleviate this issue the script includes exported functions for speedometer resources to use that show the actual current gear.

Alternatively vlad_speedometer GitHub - VladimirKedrov/vlad_speedometer: speedometer includes integration options out of the box.
As displayed in the preview video.

Also included is a user configurable event that triggers when the speedometer should be shown for a manual gearbox vehicle.
By default it is set to trigger an export from vlad_speedometer.

Buy Link:

https://vlad-laboratory.tebex.io/package/6113070

Code is accessible No (Config only)
Subscription-based No
Lines (approximately) 800+
Requirements GameBuild 3095+, baseevents
Support Yes
1 Like

Jim Mechanic Integration
After Jim Mechanic version 3.3.6: An item upgrade will exist that will trigger vlad_gears. You can apply the upgrade to any valid vehicle and the manual transmission will apply while the upgrade is present.

2 Likes

what is the difference between this Advanced Gearbox System [STANDALONE] and yours?

Not familiar with how that script works internally. From a cursory glance however it seams like the user interface is the obvious difference.

This script was designed to use the 3095 natives so it would minimize the resource consumption. Its likely that they have different methods for managing the gearbox.

1 Like

Great work! nice to see it being integrated/compatible with jim-mechanic

2 Likes

Are you sure that its required to use Game build 3095? i don’t see any new natives related to vehicle transmission that were added with that game build.

It does call new natives, 3095 also changed the transmission code.

The script doesn’t function correctly on previous builds.

Did you check outside of the CFX API, I don’t think they have added support for them yet.

Please tell me how to install this manual transmission.

You need to buy jim-mechanic to install the manual transmission or use exports to add it to your resources

I have purchased and added it.
No response when using parts

Probably you not configured it correctly. Read topic on Jim’s DC

1 Like

Where is the setting method written?

In the readme.md is details for the methods
Method 1: Use jim-mechanic
Method 2: Use /manual_trans command
Method 3: Use advHandling meta flags.

If you are asking about the vlad_gears setting method, It isn’t available. However you can call trigger ‘vlad_gears:toggle’ client event to the driver player.
This is the same client event that the command method triggers.
You could trigger it however you wanted if you wanted to handle manual activation in your script.

If you want a persistent solution see jim-mechanic (doesn’t use the same events) or advhandling flags method.

Why vlad_speedometer takes idle and in car so much ms?
its likt 0.07 for just UI with speedometer?

vlad_speedometer is technically always active but transparent. I was going to make it better performance wise, but I have instead converted to an edited ps-hud as a better solution.

Here is a copy of the edited ps-hud to show RPM, Gear, and Speed.
Original edits by Profile - coffeelot - Cfx.re Community
Updated by me.

ps-hud.zip (933.8 KB)

Preview:

omg love you! will upload and test this today <3

Is it possible to manually add to global vehicle Like i want Sultan to. be manual all around the city

Yes, If you change the handling.meta and set the correct advanced flags it will be manual permanently for everyone.