[Tutorial] Creating and editing animations for GTAV using AnimKit

Can’t figure out animations that move the player’s location, anyone have any insight about animations like a walking loop? Are there flags needed or something?
I’ve tested a bunch with moving and not moving the root bone but nothing has worked correctly

Model position is still a WIP but I’ve tried small root movements with IK_ROOT, SKEL_ROOT and few more things selected which I don’t remember at the moment butt it SOMETIMES seem to work. So you can try and error it but position channel is still under work

1 Like

Hi! Could you please tell me how to get animations for GTA 5 with Mixamo?

Hi! Could you please tell me how to get animations for GTA 5 with Mixamo?

1 Like

There’s probably a better way, but I just uploaded the ped skeleton into Mixamo and then imported the animation into a scene with the mp skeleton.
I’ll be making some tutorials but I have to test a bit more first

Anyone know why when i edited the ped in a sitting anim they cant sit higher in the car? but when standing outside the car they are higher?

Please show me your channel

Can you please tell in DETAIL how to create animation with mixamo.
I UPLODED AN MP CHARACTER AND THE. UPLODED IT TO MAXIMO AND DOWNLOADED THE RIGGED PED.
I IMPORTED IT TO THE 3DS MAX
NOW WHAT TO DO?
PLEASE EXPLAIN STEP BY STEP

not sure, but i think vehicles seats uses dummyes, because that different comes. Not sure if that help if you edit vehicles.meta file and find a and try to edit that X number. I hope thats help you.

By editing vehicle meta files would this change the position only when i use that animation? or will this apply to anyone who sits in a car? Also where can i find the vehicles meta file

Can I convert animations from an fbx file to the format I need for GTA 5 or do I need to recreate them using GIMS EVO?

Kind regards, I am new to this platform. I mean that so far the program has worked for me very well, without any problem. What happens is that I have been trying to pass some animations that I like from gta, to 3ds max, but these animations are cataloged as UNK instead of saying HUMAN? …

and when I am going to import those animations that the Skeleton catalogs it as UNK from AnimKit to 3ds max, yes, it makes the character move but not the joints …
UNK

Unlike the animation that the Skeleton that identifies it as HUMAN ?, if it gives movements to the joints
HUMAN

If there is a solution to solve this problem, we would like to know all of them, because they are animations that we want to export to give it modifications, we will be grateful.

Hi! Have you learned how to pull animations out of Mixamo?

hello, can you give me jesus ped model skel 3ds max 2016, try to import jesus ped model, but it is not good skel because the animation is not good, find by 3ds max 2016 not show weight solver

Hello, does anyone else have problems with leg rotation getting all messed up at a certain point? Was trying to make a “slav squat” animation but can’t seem to make it work.

This is how it looks like in Max

But when i export it and open it in Ped Viewer or ingame it looks like this

This is the closest i’ve got to accually make it work

5 Likes

u downloaded the source code not the program, go to the release section on the github page

Hello i dragged the .ycd and created an asset but this is going for really long don’t know if it’s normal or if i did something wrong

I have made the ycd file. but dont know how to export it to story mode! plz help

Looks nice, thanks !

1 Like

Are uv animations already available?