[Tutorial] Creating and editing animations for GTAV using AnimKit

Same problem happened to me. I even thought I’d throw someone else’s dab animation and try it, but this time I crashed.

1 Like

out of curiosity what 3ds max units/precision do you have? it often crashes for me too, and when it doesnt the skeleton straight up breaks until i restart the game. my guess is that its some sort of formatting error

3 ds max 2022. I don’t have any crashes or errors. It just goes into a ridiculous loop when I run the second animation. When I try it with the dab animation made by someone else, it crashes.

If you want it not to repeat, you should turn off the repeat in 3dmax and lua. If you want to make a fixed posture animation, you should print the single frame animation repeat option on.

Hi. Did you already solved this problem ? I have this kind of problem too. I am switching from a custom animation to another custom animation.

Desktop 2021.11.15 - 19.54.11.02

3 Likes

nope. with how this is happening to everyone i assume its a bug with how animkit is storing coordinates and this results in the game breaking when transforming between them.

1 Like

Hey, can you please send me this 2 animations in PM?

i dont have since i deleted them but ill remake 2 more and send because it seems to be a consistent issue

Yeah it seems to be an issue with every custom animation

1 Like

Hey Disquse! You can try out the animations in the release section. They have same issue of messed up bone structure or game crash when custom animations are played without clearing previous ped tasks

Tried to make simple rotation animation. For some reason in game it appear to have some micro lag on frame 40~. Exported with optimization (with no optimization it doesn’t work at all). Can provide 3ds max project / anim on request in DM.
I’m attaching preview of lag and slow down gif just in case.
https://imgur.com/a/lLn76xF
lag_slowdown

Can approve with all of the above, I sent you the files regarding this issue

1 Like

:ok_hand:

7 Likes

I have the same error, you found a method to resolve this problem?
I tried to clear ped task and removed anim dict before to play second animation but doesn’t working

1 Like

give unique name to unknown1C like this

3 Likes

3 Likes

nice sir

Oh thank you, the last thing, where i can find this unknown1C, i have onim file and ycd file

export the ycd file from codewalker as .xml and search for the tag inside of it

2 Likes

Thank you, now work perfectly! You have been really helpful :muscle:

2 Likes