[Standalone][v1.1] Vehicle Control Menu (WIP)

Vehicle Control Menu
BackToBasics

Here is our first release on these forums. We spent a little bit of time developing this simple, standalone menu for your vehicle controls.

Our system is really intuitive and currently contains the following features:

• Vehicle Saving
  • Driver/Passenger Window Rolling
  • Alarm System [WIP]
  • Lock System [WIP]
  • Door Controls
  • Engine toggle

We intend on adding a few more features to this menu before we are happy to call it complete.

Usage & Controls

U - If pressed when inside a vehicle, vehicle will be saved to the player. If pressed again will toggle the menu.
P - If pressed when inside a vehicle, will toggle vehicle’s engine state (On/Off)

Installation

Place the vehiclecontrol folder into your resources directory.
Add start vehiclecontrol to your server.cfg

We hope you enjoy our first release. We hope to bring much more content to the community in time. Downlad the resource here.

Images of resource

Compatibility Issues with RealisticVehicleFailure Resource

whilst use this resource along with RealisticVehicleFailure you will need to go into the RealisticVehicleFailure’s Config and set compatibilityMode = true. This should resolve the isses people have been having and allow the scripts to work alongside eachother.

This version is more optimized and should run a lot better within your server. please let us know if you find any issues with this version.

4 Likes

Since you are stating that its just drag & drop, you might wanna implement a __resource.lua:)

Good shout :sweat_smile: didn’t realise.

:slight_smile: Nice release

1 Like

or fxmanifest.lua as that is the new manifest versions. Instead of using a deprecated __resource.lua

1 Like

Both still work at the moment, should the time arise where __resource.lua no longer works, we will update the files.

Really…really nice script but, and is always a but :grin: apparently every time I am taking out a vehicle from garage the engine is busted. Now quick question is this only happening to me?

PS: I did’t even touched the code.

When you click P, does that fix it?

No it starts but if you use realistic vehicle damage its still smoking and the power is reduced

and turning the engine off just breaks the engine is there any way to change that?

@BackToBasicsStudio unfortunately still the same

The same for me. I’m using RealisticVehicleFailure, maybe have a link ?

If you are using RealisticVehicleFailure you need to edit its config. This is what has worked for us, let me know if this works for all of you.

Example of what it should be

compatibilityMode = false, this is whats its set to default. change false to true and hopfully this will fix the issues.

you can find this in your RealisticVehicleFailure resource under config.lua

@BackToBasicsStudio still the same issue even with the compatibilityMode set on trueScreenshot 2020-10-20 134546 Screenshot 2020-10-20 134610

you may have another script that is conflicting with it. enabling compatibility mode is what fixed it for us our dev server. you may want to have a look through your resources and see if there is anything that may conflict with this resource.

Great ! It’s workin for me, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, glad it worked for you!

It’s a good script, and im not having errors i think, the only problem for me is how much it is taking in ms.

This resource is taking me 0.30-0.40 ms when i go on resmon, only for me?

we are in the possess of optimizing this resource, so this should be resolved in the next update.

1 Like

Quick Update …so it appears that my problem it was indeed from the RealisticVehicleFailure script.
The only sollution I could figure out was to set the engineSafeGuard at 500.0 as in the picture below.if this helps anyone else you’re welcome!