[STANDALONE] [PAID] Engine Sound Swapper - Network-synced engine sound swaps!

Get it here: https://theadmiesters-fivem-resources.tebex.io/package/4825565

Engine Sound Swapper is a script that allows for different sounds to be assigned to different levels of upgrades for engines (EMS Level Upgrade), engine blocks, or exhausts.

Version 1.1.1 Changelog:

• Added support for the roof tuning category (simply “roof” in config.json) as some car mods use this for engine models.
  • The debug command /swap now syncs between players instead of being clientside-only.

Version 1.1 Changelog:

• Overhauled the way engine upgrades are applied, now supports a limitless amount of swaps. Config.json will need reconfiguring to work with the new system, so the included examples have been changed. Keep in mind that if, for example, you define 7 engine swaps for a category that only has 5 upgrades available, swaps 6 and 7 will never be reached.

Version 1.0.1 Changelog:

• Added two new categories, chassis (linked to chassis/rollcage mods) and turbo (linked to the turbo tuning). Examples of these two new categories are included in the default config.json.
  • Fixed an issue where getting out and back in your car, or spawning a new car while still in the old one, would stop the swaps from applying correctly.

Features:

• Fully synced with all players in the server!
  • User-configurable upgrade levels - assign up to four different sounds for engine, engine block, or exhaust.
  • A client-side test command for experimenting with sounds - simply type "swap

Installation/Setup:

• Simply drop the folder into your server’s resource folder, and add it to your config.
  • To add your own swaps, add an entry for a car to config.json, add an upgrade type out of engine, engineblock or exhaust, and up to four upgrade levels, each should be the audioNameHash of an existing car or custom sound (e.g. “ninef2”, “tempesta”, “nissanrb26dett”)
  • Install the upgrade in your trainer or tuning shop and enjoy!

Notes:
Thanks to 13Stewartc for helping test the networked parts of this script, and for his fantastic BMW M5 mod which I featured in the previews. Get his M5 mod here: 2012 BMW M5 F10 - GTA5-Mods.com

Special thanks to Eddlm for his inspiration and approval of my FiveM version. His own single-player engine sound swap script is available here: Auto Engine Sound Swapper - GTA5-Mods.com

6 Likes

can it be different upgrade sounds for different cars? or are the sounds the same for all cars?

Different for every car.

Have u a video?

Added it to the first post.

Dayum homie, this is so awesome! Now engine swaps have a true meaning :sunglasses:

1 Like

New update:

• Overhauled the way engine upgrades are applied, now supports a limitless amount of swaps. Config.json will need reconfiguring to work with the new system, so the included examples have been changed. Keep in mind that if, for example, you define 7 engine swaps for a category that only has 5 upgrades available, swaps 6 and 7 will never be reached.
1 Like

New update, version 1.1.1. No config.json changes required unless you’re using the new category.

• Added support for the roof tuning category (simply “roof” in config.json) as some car mods use this for engine models.
  • The debug command “/swap {enginename}” now syncs between players instead of being clientside-only.

it save the sound in Database?

The sounds associated with each upgrade on each car are stored in a JSON file on the server.

I just paid and got your script , but never got the download link or anything

Hi, you should have a download link in the confirmation email from Tebex, as the links are handled from their end. If you don’t have this email then please DM me proof of purchase and I’ll send a copy to you myself.

New update:

• After multiple requests for this feature, I’ve added a menu which the server admin can populate through the config.json file. Players can access it through the /swapmenu command while in a vehicle. This menu allows for swapping the car’s sound simply by clicking that item in the list:

The Stock Engine option is always available to revert to the current car’s stock sound.

The example config.json has been updated to show how this works, but in short, simply add a SwapMenu node, with a child named sounds, which has an array of sub-arrays, which contain the audioNameHash, then the name shown in the menu:

The new version should be live for everyone now on Tebex - if you redownload you should receive version 1.2.

Minor update, 1.2.1, after some feedback:

• Added the ability to disable the menu entirely with the “enabled” node (true/false) in the SwapMenu node of the config file
  • Added a keybind option to the SwapMenu node (keys from Controls - Cfx.re Docs) for anyone who wishes to add the menu to a hotkey

The two options can be added like so, and have been included in the new config.json example.

In this example, 51 is INPUT_CONTEXT, so setting it to this would have the menu opened by the E key or right on the dpad.

Hi great script but wondering if there’s any way to remove the tick when pressing the f8 button

^ Issue above has been fixed in a test update, will get a new public version ready soon.

Update 1.3 has been released on Tebex after some feedback on previous versions.

• “Tick” in F8 console has been removed
  • Added support for an “alignment” node (“left”/“right”) under “SwapMenu” in config.json. If this node isn’t present it will default to the left.
  • Added support for a “showNameHash” node (true/false) under “SwapMenu” in config.json. If set to false, only the display name for a sound will be shown. If this node isn’t present it will default to true.

Does it not save the changed sounds?

Sounds changed in the menu are just temporary - it was originally a debug option that people requested I add properly, so I just left it at that.

Sounds changed from upgrades defined in the config will be applied every time you get in that car with that upgrade, so effectively doesn’t need to save.

What if we just want to change sound of car , i was hoping this would save the sound of the car only , will this ever be a update on that ?