[Standalone] Better Vehicles (final version fully rewritten) : More realistic vehicles physic, set max speed, torque, power

Note that buyers of other or older version have access to this version for free

Transform your server’s vehicles into much more realistic vehicles , with much more realistic speed and acceleration ! The supersports cars will finally be able to drive at more than 300km/h while without the script they barely go at 200 km/h.

You can change the maximum speed of the vehicle (in km/h), engine power and engine torque (which increases acceleration and drift):
in config.lua

Vehicle power and torque follows a curve in relation to the RPM,
this curve corresponds more or less to that found on real vehicles.Thus you will have your maximum power (and therefore acceleration) at 80% of your RPM (120% of your power).

Description

This script acts on the power and the torque of the vehicles but also on the shifting of gears and the maximum speed! It is compatible with all vehicles, whether native to the game or imported.

You can change power, torque and max speed with this script !

You can modify all of these features for all class of vehicles to give the rendering that suits you best.

Sport class vehicles have more powerful starts and gears shift faster and Supercars become terrifying to drive!

Perfect for PR servers and also for driving servers. It has been tested and improved for more than a year and consumes very few resources and does not bug. The script uses 0.01ms to 0.02ms when you are inside a car and 0 ms if you’re not in a car.

Buy it now ! 24.99€ 12.99€

*You can rent it for 6.99€ 3.99€ per month here

Events

“BetterVehicles:SetState” : bool
Set the state of the resource, if true the ressource will act on cars, if false it will do nothing

“BetterVehicles:AddCar”: car, maxSpeed, torque, power
Adds a vehicle that will be customized with the entered parameters, for the parameter “car” you have to send the vehicle id (client id)

“BetterVehicles:DelCar”: car
Will stop to customise this car, for the parameter “car” you have to send the vehicle id (client id)

Frequently Asked Questions

Is this a handling mode?
There is no use of handling.meta in this script, that’s what makes it revolutionary, all the vehicles that you would have on your server will already be considered by the script because it doesn’t act on the handling.meta of the vehicle.
Just start the script and immediately all the vehicles will behave differently!

Why not go through the handling.meta file?
Doing an handling.meta file is not that easy to do, if you want your vehicles to remain balanced between them. And also it would imply to modify the handling.meta of more than 300 vehicles which would take a lot of time. With this script you only change 2 values in config file and it will change the behaviour of all vehicles in a vehicle class.

Is there a similar but free script?
Clearly not, there are scripts acting on handling.meta or modifying the power of the vehicles, but none of them act on power, torque, shifting gears and maximum speed at the same time.
Note that on top of all that, my script gives an ultra realistic behavior to the power delivered by the vehicles by following the power curve presented above.

In your video the cars are more powerful than in real life.
Indeed, I prefer pleasant vehicles rather than realistic ones but by modifying the parameters you can easily change the behavior of the vehicles to make them stick to the performances of real vehicles.

I would like to be able to blacklist vehicles and also boost vehicles regardless of category.
It will be the big feature of the v3, i didn’t have time to implement it in v2. I take your comments and strive to update my scripts even after the script have been sold. Please note that all buyers of previous versions will have access to future versions for free.
This feature have been implemented !

I’m afraid I won’t be able to install this script on my server.
I stay in contact with my customers after the sale to support them. This script is standalone, so it is compatible with all FiveM servers.

Common Errors

Error parsing script / Failed to load script

Your server artifacts are likely outdated. Update your server to version 5181 or above.

You lack the required entitlement to use

Try restarting your server and make sure your server license key is correct. If you bought the resource on the wrong account, you can transfer it to another account on keymaster.

Failed to verify protected resource

Files were possibly corrupted during transfer. Ensure hidden files are copied; the .fxap file in a protected resource must be included. Some FTP programs skip these files.

9 Likes

I have a doubt, what is called real vehicle, because it is a strong word, it is not only determined that it is real by the speed also has to see the way it takes the curves, bends and weights.

But good guide, I will support later!

1 Like

Hi,
thank you for your question, it seems interesting, it is true that I did not address the subject much in my post.
By “real vehicles” I mean: vehicles that respect the laws of physics as far as mechanics is concerned.
So their power peak will be reached at about 80% of their max RPM.
Their speed is limited to avoid seeing vehicles going at 500 km/h but the limitation is “smouth” meaning that from 70% of the max speed, the power and the torque decrease little by little.
Also vehicles like the Adder don’t go faster than 200 km/h while in reality they can reach 300 km/h to 400 km/h, with my script they can finally reach these speeds (if the script is well set up of course).

I definitely recommend this script, I have been using it on my server for a long time.
I am a former customer and I got access to this new version for free and I can say that it is really good!

1 Like

I can only give the script and the owner 10/10 points, the script does what it should and the support is just perfect, I had an error with my speed limiter that no longer worked. And the bug was fixed in a few minutes.

1 Like

Are the brakes adjusted?

Would be a bit against if the speed goes up but the braking behavior doesn’t

1 Like

Hi,
It’s a good idea, I will add it soon in an update.
Thanks for this

No Problem :slight_smile: , thank you

1 Like

I had some doubts and a small bug, I talked to the creator by discord and in a few minutes he solved it, I really liked the support, I recommend everyone to buy the script and don’t be afraid to talk any doubt with the creator.

1 Like

How does the vehicle behave when tuned in-game? Is the speed still limited or is the vehicle getting faster?

1 Like

Hi,
Speed limit is fixed.
But if the speed limit is superior to the max speed with lvl1 engine for exemple and egal to lvl 2 engine soo yher will not be problem.

Does this script support Top speed cap? and if so, will upgrades go ever that?

1 Like

Hi
Yes you can set top speed for car with this script

How can i contact you ? Tried to add you on Discord. I’ve bought this script and another version of it and i’m getting errors on the encrypted files

Hi,
try to re-download it, this type of error is random and linked to fivem encryption.

I copy paste from fivem encryption topic :

Error parsing script / Failed to load script

Your server artifacts are likely outdated. Update your server to version 5181 or above.

You lack the required entitlement to use

Try restarting your server and make sure your server license key is correct. If you bought the resource on the wrong account, you can transfer it to another account on keymaster.

Failed to verify protected resource

Files were possibly corrupted during transfer. Ensure hidden files are copied; the .fxap file in a protected resource must be included. Some FTP programs skip these files.

If you want you can contact me on discord : Rocwo#2136

Hi! Do you think you can add, center of mass and also Drivetrain, like RWD or AWD or FWD

Hi,
not for the moment, perhaps in the future

Hi there!
Is it possible to allow only the tuning for certain vehicles via plate number checking?

No, you can only change the settings of a whole category or by the Name of the car. f.E. adder and it’ll only affect the adder

1 Like

Hi,
It will be possible after an update in mid-March, some new features are coming.

1 Like