[Standalone] Better Vehicles (final version fully rewritten) : More realistic vehicles physic, set max speed, torque, power

We have this script running on our server and the script owner is right, I haven’t found another script out there that does what this one does. I do custom handling for every vehicle on our server and when this is applied the power actually feels way more realistic with actual power bands. The only thing I’m struggling with is in the config under ‘classboost’ there is an option for ‘others’ when I make changes to this and comment/remove any of the other classes it does nothing. Can you elaborate more on what this specific feature is supposed to effect?

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you for your complimentary comment <3
The others class is for vehicles that are not in any classes in the config, so you can remove some classes from the config and the vehicle will fetch the others values if there is no its class and there is no its spawn name.

I advise you to update the break, I pushed an update recently.

Are all vanilla cars added there already or i need to do that myself?

Hi
All the vanilla cars are added by class.

so i all i want to know is. will this work with the regular handling.meta file if so, is this script only affecting the power of the car. 'so if in the handling.meta file the car is set to AWD which is 0.5 in the meta file. will this scrip affect that?

1 Like

Hi
It don’t act on vehicle.meta, you can change vehicle properties with vehicle.meta
The script act on power, torque and max speed of your vehicle.

2 Likes

nice! that’s what i wanted to find out.

1 Like

Hello,

Will this mod affecting Advanced vehicle system tuning?

1 Like

Hi,
Yes, if you add a lvl 4 motor the vehicle will be better for exemple.
Best regards :wink:

It’s nice that the vehicles go faster, but sadly a lot lose their appeal as the cars handling and weight etc haven’t been upgraded to match/keep up

Couldn’t be happier with what this script has to offer ! Does exactly what is described, and adds a level of realism the game needed, to the vehicle handling. The support the creator offers is also unreal, I was in need of events to set specific car entity’s performance, and he was kind enough to implement it in under a day !

I honestly couldn’t be more fulfilled with the functionnalities of this script and the support it has.
Definitely worth the money !

1 Like

is there any way to get the script to ignore certain vehicles so they drive as they would normally?

Hello,
There are two ways to configure vehicles, by categories and individually by their Spawn Name.
The Spawn Name method is prioritized in the code so if you configure for example the supersports to be more powerful but on the other hand you configure the Adder to have Vanilla performance, then the Adder will have Vanilla performance.

Hi, i bought this but when i download Download Asset, i will get notification: No asset Found

Hi,
Try to re-download asset

hello

I need the config to support the name of the vehicle that has a number in front of it

Hi @liro
in lua you can do :

myTable = {
    adder = "something"
}

or

myTable = {
    ["adder"] = "something"
}

For numbers at the begining or space in the key name you can do this :

myTable = {
    ["1Very Difficult Key"] = "something"
}

I’m short, what do I have to do? copy and paste it into the config?
config It is the only thing, it does not have escrow

Hi,
You have to add a line in the table in config.lua (don’t forget to add comma before).
If you’re not familiar with lua tables here is a good tutorial : lua-users wiki: Tables Tutorial

1 Like

Checking this out , Im wanting to lower the acceleration rate classed.
I was able to do it via flating some meta values in a script but would rather not flat any meta

will this handle it?