Some vmenu features not working

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? 3524
Up to date? yes
Legit or Pirate copy? legit
Steam/CD/Social Club????why???
Windows version? 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? yes
Error screenshot (if any) N/A
System specifications N/A
What did you do to get this issue? N/A
What server did you get this issue on? Mine
CitizenFX crash zip file N/A
CitizenFX.log file N/A
.dmp files/report IDs N/A

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using?
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?

Also add what you already tried so far.
So much of the above crap is NOT applicable and some of it (like my steam ID!!!) LITERALLY is just nosey nonsense that has ZERO to do with anything… your forum is too confining and basically a pain for no real reason. MAYBE consider changing this horribly user unfriendly process…THANKS! Now that all the nonsense UNRELATED to my problem has been addressed…

PROBLEM HERE: vMenu works well, like it normally does, but since latest updates (when txAdmin became a forced part of the package), some things just refuse to work.

1. when starting server, or after auto restart, EVEN THOUGH the time is clearly set to 16 on the hour, and 20 on the minutes, the server in game time is still the default 12:00 midnight.
  2. smooth time transitions do not work
  3. smooth weather transitions do not work

the permissions.cfg section that deals with this is shown below:

Enable weather sync?

setr vmenu_enable_weather_sync true

Enable dynamic weather changes?

setr vmenu_enable_dynamic_weather true

Dynamic weather timer sets the delay in minutes between dynamic weather changes (default: 10)

setr vmenu_dynamic_weather_timer 10

Default weather type for when the resource starts.

setr vmenu_default_weather CLEAR

Allow random blackout enables/disables the random 1/5 chance of a 1 minute blackout during

thunderstorms.

setr vmenu_allow_random_blackout false

Enable time sync?

setr vmenu_enable_time_sync true

Freeze the time by default when the server starts?

setr vmenu_freeze_time false

Enables smooth time transitions.

setr vmenu_smooth_time_transitions true

Default time hour for when the resource starts. (0-23)

setr vmenu_default_time_hour 16

Default time minute for when the resource starts. (0-59)

setr vmenu_default_time_min 20

I have a few years of devving my own server under my belt, so I am SOMEWHAT familiar with things. My vMenu is set up under inheritance and has worked flawlessly until this latest update. Yes, I updated vMenu. I know there are other menus out there, and I know vMenu has its detractors, HOWEVER I like it because it offers functionality all in one menu. Any help to make it cooperate again and extend my love affair with it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Hello, @Will_Shepherd

When we ask about Steam/CD/Social Club We do not mean an ID we mean if that is the version you bought it on. Example. I bought the game on Social Club & Steam but I use steam for FiveM meaning I would fill STEAM as my user-process. YES we do need all this information otherwise we are unable to help you.

We do need a FX.LOG file because we need to SEE the errors you have maybe that will fix it. How-ever you probably have vSync installed along side vMenu so you need to either take the options you lsited below out or remove vSync.

So again WE DO NEED this information for us to be able to help you. We want all this information and yes all this infromation is applicable 90% of the time. You could also have posted this on the vMenu resource section to get help directly from them. Or look at the vMenu Documentation.

• Serena

Steam version of game. I use Steam to access fivem.
There is no errors anywhere that I can find, or (no disrespect intended) I would have looked them up and MAY have fixed the issues already. UNLESS Vsync comes with the build released on the fivem site, and I am unaware of it. I do not see it in my load, so I doubt it is there. There is nothing on the vmenu documentation that I can find that is applicable. Maybe you can spot something I did not. I hope this further information will help you help me. You did not offer any information or suggestions, I would ask that you do so. Thank you for your time. Again, no disrespect intended, but as I stated above, my vmenu is set to run under inheritance, which I would not be able to do correctly if I had not read the vmenu documentation. PLEASE offer a solution.

Hello,

vSync does NOT come with the default FiveM server instalation. How-ever ti my awareness vMenu their day night changes have never really worked. Not for me atleast so I disabled all thos options on my server and run the custom resource vSync. You can just do /time 12 0 with that resource. If you really need help with this It is best to go on vMenu their section on the forums and ask for help.

• Serena

Please do not create new topics for support/questions related to existing resources.

Only ask questions or request support in the original resource topic → vMenu

If this does not exist, please use #server-development:essentialmode for ESX resources and #server-development:resource-support for others.

Asking questions to the original developer on their resource topic or Github repository is often much faster. That way the original resource creator will get a notification and be able to help properly. This also helps to reduce duplicate topics of the same issue, because everything will be inside the original topic, allowing everyone to see all issues and solutions in one place.

Thanks for keeping the forums tidy.
:mascot: