Rockstar Editor crashes on FiveM drift servers

Alright a mod on discord told me to post my errors here so I will right that as detailed as possible

Please note that these errors have happen more frequent then ever since the gta 3 update came out. To the point that you cant get a single clip loaded anymore.

Keep in mind these errors occur more often in track based drift servers.

Also keep note that track based servers will not load properly in fivem editor. You will have to join the server and head to the rockstar editor from there.

Crash #1
[ 2761219] [ GTAProcess] ResourcePlacementThr/ Details: Poly 209 edge reference is invalid. It leads to vertex 64629, when there are only 9314 vertices.
[ 2761235] [ GTAProcess] ResourcePlacementThr/ Physics validation failed for asset DaikokuFuto2.ybn.
[ 2761235] [ GTAProcess] ResourcePlacementThr/ This asset is INVALID, but we’ve fixed it for this load. Please fix the exporter used to export it.
[ 2761250] [ GTAProcess] ResourcePlacementThr/ Details: Poly 260 edge reference is invalid. It leads to vertex 12062, when there are only 9917 vertices.
[ 2761266] [ GTAProcess] ResourcePlacementThr/ Physics validation failed for asset DaikokuFuto2.ybn.
[ 2761922] [ DumpServer] 63780/ Process crash captured. Crash dialog content:
[ 2761922] [ DumpServer] 63780/ GTA5+13ECFE6
[ 2761953] [ DumpServer] 63780/ An error at GTA5+13ECFE6 caused FiveM to stop working. A crash report is being uploaded to the FiveM developers.
[ 2761969] [ DumpServer] 63780/
[ 2761985] [ DumpServer] 63780/ Legacy crash hash: eleven-friend-bacon

This crash occurs when you load into a drift server typically a tracks based server. Once you enter the rockstar editor and load a clip after creating a project, you will get this error. These errors also come with different reasons often and I would be more then happy to report every single one as long I got the right to do so in these forms.

Crash #2
[ 470765] [ GTAProcess] ResourcePlacementThr/ Physics validation failed for asset tokushima_kartland.ybn.
[ 470765] [ GTAProcess] ResourcePlacementThr/ This asset is INVALID, but we’ve fixed it for this load. Please fix the exporter used to export it.
[ 470828] [ SteamChild] MainThrd/ process exited with -2!
[ 471406] [ DumpServer] 98488/ Process crash captured. Crash dialog content:
[ 471421] [ DumpServer] 98488/ FiveM has encountered an error
[ 471437] [ DumpServer] 98488/ Failed to request compcache_nb:/tracks_only_fbd_maps/meihanrework.ytd: Failed to fetch: Failure downloading meihanrework.ytd: HTTP 404: Not found…
[ 484437] [ DumpServer] 98488/ Crash report service returned si-25e259ea653443ac806adbea3706f183

So this error is new for me ever since the release of the gta3 updated FiveM. This happens on track based drift servers.
This error occurs when you successfully loaded a clip in the editor and you began editing. While you are editing you will get a sudden crash and it appears to be something that has failed to load. Usually its a track that you are not on, but it attempts to load a track nearby and crashes for that reason. This crash happened on Fullboost track server while I was on Minami. Then it attempted to load a nearby track (meihan) then crashed.

There is also versions of this error which can be failing to load a certain rim set but those can be simple fixes if you load that rim set before you head to the editor. As for tracks loading its not that simple. Sometimes you can get a full clip if you load the nearby track, however most of the time it will tend to crash for the same reason.

If you still need help, and for anyone else viewing this. Asking the server owner to enable Script Hook while you record and edit should prevent any errors within the Rockstar Editor. There are also multiple other RE fixes found here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RCDHdD9Zbw. Hope this helps anyone viewing!

1 Like

funny, I experienced the same exact issue on a drift server just the other day

Yeah, quite funny! Laughing real hard at that one.

Repro steps?

I use to face issues, however found the majority of people try to enter RE via vMenu or by the ESC menu. Nowadays, I join the server I want, muck about for about 10 minutes caching everything, then I disconnect and join theReplay Editor from the launch screen. Most of the server’s assets etc are already cached so custom hair, MLOs etc load in fine :man_shrugging:

Hey mate, usally it is a plugin error i have found that most custom maps like the mile high club police station some of them have encryption so people don’t steal the models, it could be that on the server that u are playing on.

The server might have a encrypted (escrowed) model that might be causing it. Mostly cars in drift servers

You’re bumping a year old topic.

Also your response is wrong, escrowed assets work in the replay editor, if it doesn’t you should report this as a seperate bug report.

Merge pull request #1730 from thorium-cfx/mono_rt2_1_patch2:

That seems recent. Last time I tried I used to crash immediately. I’ll check it out soon