A hotfix for build 6093 to fix the ‘Failed to create environment’ issue if the game is installed in a path with non-ASCII characters.
This update has a few fixes and some new features.
- Game performance with the “resource monitor” open should be improved now.
- Some preparations have been made for the ‘new’ C# runtime API to be added in the future.
- GetConvarInt now handles boolean values instead of returning
0no matter the value.
- The Discord auth client should no longer crash if a
discord-ipcimplementation returns incomplete JSON.
- Some UI fixes and improvements, including:
- Startup should be a bit faster now.
- No useless request gets made to the changelog service unless opening the changelogs page.
- A case where a low amount of resources with short names would ‘hide’ the resource list has been fixed.
- The mouse cursor will now properly scale on high-DPI screens. No more super tiny cursor on 4K TVs.
- The game bypasses Steam Input if we’re not launched by Steam (e.g. Big Picture or another non-Steam game shortcut). This should fix an issue where the November 2022 Steam update broke Xbox controllers.
- FiveM: Some small game hangs/crashes have been fixed, including
gta_cacheloading for interiors as well as another potential game hang when unloading a resource.
- FiveM: The game will now try other authentication methods if using an Epic Launcher game version and the EGL is running as administrator or otherwise blocked (e.g. by security software).
- FiveM: A few new APIs are available as a result of community pull requests being merged:
- Two new native commands: GetPedMovementClipset and GetPedDecorations (thanks, @Nikez!)
CreateRuntimeTextureFromImage now supports
data:URLs (thanks, @manzarek!)
- A few new commands to get vehicle dashboard indicators such as GET_VEHICLE_DASHBOARD_FUEL (thanks, @NoxieNya and @ikt!)
- A native command (CREATE_DRY_VOLUME) to add or remove ‘dry volumes’ for custom maps with e.g. rooftop pools. (thanks, HeadshotsOps!)
- FiveM: Some game deadlocks on disconnect have been fixed (some old code would run the ‘per-frame update routine’ multiple times).
- FiveM: A base game bug where drive-by shooting in a certain first-person camera mode would lead to no gunshot sounds/effects being played has been fixed.
- FiveM: A few Replay Editor tweaks:
- ‘Asset escrow’ resources should work for clips recorded as of this release. For compliance purposes these grants will still expire after a while, but it’s not entirely unusable anymore.
- Some cases of load hangs have been fixed as we don’t register assets that aren’t downloaded on clip load anymore.
- RedM: A few fixes for networking:
- Memory accuracy fixes, mainly for diagnostics.
- Some common crashes on disconnect have been fixed.
- Reconnecting to a server will not lead to a ‘ghost sync’ state anymore.
- RedM: The ‘Twitch native overlay’ has been blocked from loading as it would cause Vulkan crashes.