[Request] Realistic police helicopter camera with proper FLIR system etc

Would it be possible if someone made a script that uses the heli cam script and makes the layout look more like the ones you see in real life, including working data modules like camera angle, height, speed, and others along with true FLIR. I have attached some reference images below, along with mrae’s helicopter camera script.

3 Likes

I made a script for a real heli FLIR a while ago, no idea how well it still works but I was going to remake it soon anyway. It’s a different layout to the one you linked, I hope you dont mind. https://github.com/RCPisAwesome/Helicopter-FLIR-Camera

1 Like

It’s fine, I’ll try it out. Thanks!

Coincidentally I also made something like this a few months ago, but it’s missing a lot of features and was never really good enough to make a release. It uses the NUI instead of native draw functions, but doesn’t look nearly as good as the one from @RCPisAwesome, wow! It converts world coordinates to a latitude/longitude based on LA, it can also get the ground coordinates of where the camera’s pointing. I also played around with some natives so that more detail can be rendered, even from really high altitudes.

I do plan to rewrite this in C# and make a proper release out of it though.

2 Likes

I think NUI definitely is the way to go on this one, when I remake mine I’ll probably have the whole UI done through that instead and maybe even the boxes too as there did seem to be some sort of rendering issue with boxes not showing up until being zoomed in on in my script when using the DrawBox native to do it. Good Luck! :slight_smile:

Any updates on your script?

Any updates??

No I havent had time to work on it yet unfortunately but I’ll post it here when I do :slight_smile:

Hey there! Do you have a release for your updated camera anywhere?

Hey! Just wondering if you found an alternative script as well

I did find the script I’d have to locate the proper files I’ll update you within 72hrs!

Really? You’re the man, thanks!

Hey! Sorry to bother you, did you find your script by any chance? I appreciate your kindness by attempting to search for your files. Thanks!

If you ever do, could you tag me please? Thanks I’m advance!

Could you also tag me please? Thanks

when i press the key 1 or 2 to toggle the other cam view wont work

Yeah it doesn’t work anymore for some reason and I’m going to make a new version instead of fixing it

alright thanks for the update

this is an amazing script however the second i try and change “SAN ANDREAS STATE POLICE” (the HUD text) to “METROPOLITAN POLICE SERVICE” the whole thing breaks and the FLIR doesn’t show properly and night vision flashes and turns back off

It was probably a coincidence it was working for you before, the code doesn’t work properly anymore