Request for GET_PED_MODEL_PERSONALITY / RESET_PED_MODEL_PERSONALITY

SET_PED_MODEL_PERSONALITY exists, it would be nice to be able to read out the current personality or if not possible at least be able to reset it back to its original personality after changing it.

Tangent issue: I want to be able to equalise the melee damage and health of all players. Players on our server can use almost all human ped models and the disparity in melee strength makes some just better.

Equalising health with natives is easy, equalising melee damage seems to be only possible by changing the models personality (might be wrong here or wrong assumption, but changing a player peds personality changed the players melee unarmed damage in accordance to the personalities AttackStrength modifiers from what I observed).

I tried modifying the personalities with a custom pedpersonality.ymt but they dont change.
I tried using datafiles and also before_level_meta and after_level_meta with the appropriate meta file (default.meta) and replaced the path in there to a modified ymt but values didnt change.

I dont want to flat out overwrite all models, but rather only those currently used by players to not effect the world too much.

I understand this is a strange reason but maybe its an easy implementation and I think there is more valid cases for those natives aswell.

1 Like

You mean the damage output of a particular player model’s melee? If ‘equalising’ is what you’re after (I’m assuming you want all player models to generate same melee damage), then I’d recommend trying SetPlayerMeleeWeaponDamageModifier.

Never used it myself, but it’s where I would start.

its a multiplier and there is afaik no native that returns a peds/players melee damage

Added: feat(natives/five): {GET,RESET}_PED_MODEL_PERSONALITY · citizenfx/fivem@5fac854 · GitHub

2 Likes