[RELEASE] XNLRealPlanes, GPWS, TCAS and Designated Airspaces for (commercial!) aircrafts ("Plane Computer Sound Effects")

Not a bad idea actually and since it’s script sided also possible to add them on the actual allowed airports (for the current aircraft) :slight_smile: Unfortunately i currently don’t have much time to implement them (since there is some important stuff going on and an large active project needs to be finishes first) when those are done i will look into the implementation of this :slight_smile: thank you for your feedback and additional thinking :smiley:

Thanks man :heart:

1 Like

this script is AMAZING, thanks for this, truly love having “PULL UP” screamed in my ears, right before crashing into a ball of fire on the ground!!! No seriously, this script is amazing :wink: I did the crashing into the ground to test it lol

I’m a beginner. I’m sorry, but can you tell me how to install it?

Hey There,

Firstly what kind of problems do you have installing? If you don’t tell the problem(s) I/we don’t know what to help with either :wink:

I assume you got it (partially?) running? Since you mention that you don’t hear “the” 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 when landing (which makes me assume you do hear other sounds?).

That you don’t hear “the” 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 when landing isn’t so strange though :wink: since those are not included in this mod/system. all the sounds which are included are listed in detail in the main post btw. Reason for not including the 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 is that it turned out to be way to ‘instable’… This since several aircraft have different heights from ground to cockpit, since it will doe false detects’ when flying over an (solid/map) object etc… I have tried including them but decided to leave it out later on since it didn’t got stable enough without A LOT of effort on ground detections, defining offsets for planes individually (which would also make it quite problematic for users whom just want to use this mod together with modded planes) etc.

Are there certain callouts which aren’t working? (which ARE listed in the post and release documentation?), Since by far not all call outs are in the mod, and they are definitely not as accurate as a real plane or a flight sim (which is also told in the release data/documentation).

However it’s made to give some extra effect / extra dimension to the flying experiance in GTA V opposed to nothing at all what it normally is :)…

Each plane does respond (a bit) differently, this is also explained in the documentation but can easily be altered per plane/model in the script at the top (the variables).

The script itself is also very well commented/documented which should make it quite easy to adapt.

However it is NOT tested with modded aircrafts, but has been extremely thoroughly tested with the original planes.

Great addition to my navigation stuff. Yes, these are working gauges.

Thanks man for posting your positive feedback :slight_smile:

can you please tell me the script used for the avionics? EX:( Airspeed, Altitude, etc) I need that script and this one to make my FAA department that much better!

1 Like

Can you publish that script i would like to use it for my server?

Can you please add an add-on airplane config? To activate this system even with add-on aircraft

Hey man, I personally don’t have much time (at all) to work on the FiveM server or it’s scripts. However that script/add-on is made in a way that it’s quite easy to actually add extra add-on planes :slight_smile: (Which if i remember correctly is also VERY well documented in the comments of the lua script :slight_smile: )

but how can I insert the planes?

If you look at the lua file there is a function called:

GetCurrentAircraftSetting

(Line 705) : function GetCurrentAircraftSetting(EntityModel)

in that function/routine you will see blocks like:

if EntityModel == GetHashKey('shamal') then
		XNL_CurrentPlaneBankAngleLimit 	= XNL_PlaneShamalBankAngleLimit
		XNL_CurrentPlaneSinkRateAngle 	= XNL_PlaneShamalSinkRateAngle
		XNL_CurrentPlaneSinkRateSpeed 	= XNL_PlaneShamalSinkRateSpeed
		XNL_CurrentV1Speed 				= XNL_PlaneShamalV1Speed
		GPWS_CruiseHeightOK				= XNL_PlaneShamal_GPWS_CruiseHeightOK
		GPWS_CruiseHeightMax 			= XNL_PlaneShamal_GPWS_CruiseHeightMax
		GPWS_FirstWarning				= XNL_PlaneShamal_GPWS_FirstWarning
		GPWS_PanicWarning				= XNL_PlaneShamal_GPWS_PanicWarning
		GPWS_PullUPWarning				= XNL_PlaneShamal_GPWS_PullUPWarning
		XNL_PlayerAircraftHeight		= XNL_PlaneShamal_PlayerToGround
		XNL_PlaneHasTCASGPWS			= XNL_PlaneShamal_TCAS_GPWS
		XNL_PlaneRectractableGears		= true
		XNL_CurrentPlaneRecogAP1 		= XNL_PlaneShamal_Recog_AP1
		XNL_CurrentPlaneRecogAP2 		= XNL_PlaneShamal_Recog_AP2
		XNL_CurrentPlaneRecogAP3 		= XNL_PlaneShamal_Recog_AP3
		XNL_CurrentPlaneRecogAP4 		= XNL_PlaneShamal_Recog_AP4
		XNL_CurrentPlaneRecogAP5 		= XNL_PlaneShamal_Recog_AP5
		XNL_CurrentPlane_AllowAutoPilot = XNL_PlaneShamal_AllowAutoPilot
		CurrentAircraftHasGlideSlope    = XNL_PlaneShamal_AllowGlideSlope
		if XNL_AircraftComputerDebugOutput then print("XNL Real Planes: Detected Shamal, plane settings loaded") end 
		return true
	end

Which tell the script which variables/settings to use for the model the player got into. The example part i just copied here tells the script it’s a shamal (the model/hash! name) on this line:

if EntityModel == GetHashKey('shamal') then

All the other parts between that line and the

return true
end

Tell the script what settings/modes to use for that plane (the shamal in this instance).

There are also planes which use the share block/settings. For example the Luxor and the Luxor2 (both hash/model names!) use one settings block by using this ‘if statement’:

if EntityModel == GetHashKey('luxor') or  EntityModel == GetHashKey('luxor2') then

So if for example you have added 747’s and want them to use the same settings/regulations as the Jet (the LARGE plane in FiveM/GTA. then just add them like this:

if EntityModel == GetHashKey('jet') or EntityModel == GetHashKey('YourPlaneModelHere') or EntityModel == GetHashKey('YourSecondPlaneModelHere') then

If you want your planes to use OWN settings you will have to make those ‘setting blocks’ yourself by copying and editing blocks at the top of the script like:

XNL_PlaneJetBankAngleLimit = 35.0				-- Setting: BankAngle limit for the Jet
XNL_PlaneJetSinkRateAngle = -25.0				-- Setting: Sinkrate (ANGLE) Limit for the Jet
XNL_PlaneJetSinkRateSpeed = 50.0				-- Setting: UPPER sinkrate (SPEED) limit for the Jet
XNL_PlaneJetV1Speed = 50.0						-- Setting: The Propper V1 speed needed for the Jet
XNL_PlaneJet_GPWS_FirstWarning	= 200.0			-- Setting: First warning for "Terain"
XNL_PlaneJet_GPWS_PanicWarning	= 180.0			-- Setting: Second warning for "Terain, Terain, Terain"
XNL_PlaneJet_GPWS_PullUPWarning	= 150.0			-- Setting: "Whoop Whoop Pullup warning height"
XNL_PlaneJet_GPWS_CruiseHeightOK = 1200.0		-- Setting: The Cruiseheight when it recognized that the takeoff has completed
XNL_PlaneJet_GPWS_CruiseHeightMax = 1300.0		-- Setting: The maximum Cruiseheight allowed/Advised before reaching other airspaces
XNL_PlaneJet_PlayerToGround = 10.0				-- Setting: The height of the player to ground in this plane (a BIT more though!)
XNL_PlaneJet_TCAS_GPWS = true					-- Setting: Determines if this plane acually uses the TCAS/GPSW system (audio)
XNL_PlaneJet_Recog_AP1 = true					-- Setting: If this plane recognizes this airport and/or is allowed to land there
XNL_PlaneJet_Recog_AP2 = false					-- Setting: If this plane recognizes this airport and/or is allowed to land there
XNL_PlaneJet_Recog_AP3 = false					-- Setting: If this plane recognizes this airport and/or is allowed to land there
XNL_PlaneJet_Recog_AP4 = false					-- Setting: If this plane recognizes this airport and/or is allowed to land there
XNL_PlaneJet_Recog_AP5 = false					-- Setting: If this plane recognizes this airport and/or is allowed to land there
XNL_PlaneJet_AllowAutoPilot = true				-- Setting: IF this plane is allowed to use autopilot (when meeting the right conditions!)
XNL_PlaneJet_AllowGlideSlope = true				-- Setting: IF this plane is allowed to use "Glide Slope" (Automated landing) (when meeting the right conditions!)

KEEP IN MIND! You will have to COPY and then change all the variable names from something like:

XNL_PlaneJet.....

to

XNL_MyPlane.......

On EVERY line and then also make sure that your settings are loaded on the “If block” for your plane.

The easier way however is to make your plane ‘share settings’ with the planes already implemented like the Jet, Shamal, Luxor, Titan etc (Like explained above)

Greets

Wait, I think that’s not possible with me XNLRealPlanes-master (1).zip (998.6 KB)

It is but if you want to do it that way (and thus also set all parameters individually for your a340) then you would also have to make the declarations above like i’ve explained.

Do you NEED the A340 to have ‘other flight rules’ than the Jet? (the original ‘boeing’ of gta?) if so then you will need to make an own declaration block above:

XNL_Planea340BankAngleLimit = 35.0				-- Setting: BankAngle limit for the Jet
XNL_Planea340SinkRateAngle = -25.0				-- Setting: Sinkrate (ANGLE) Limit for the Jet
XNL_Planea340SinkRateSpeed = 50.0				-- Setting: UPPER sinkrate (SPEED) limit for the Jet
XNL_Planea340V1Speed = 50.0						-- Setting: The Propper V1 speed needed for the Jet
XNL_Planea340_GPWS_FirstWarning	= 200.0			-- Setting: First warning for "Terain"
XNL_Planea340_GPWS_PanicWarning	= 180.0			-- Setting: Second warning for "Terain, Terain, Terain"
XNL_Planea340_GPWS_PullUPWarning	= 150.0			-- Setting: "Whoop Whoop Pullup warning height"
XNL_Planea340_GPWS_CruiseHeightOK = 1200.0		-- Setting: The Cruiseheight when it recognized that the takeoff has completed
XNL_Planea340_GPWS_CruiseHeightMax = 1300.0		-- Setting: The maximum Cruiseheight allowed/Advised before reaching other airspaces
XNL_Planea340_PlayerToGround = 10.0				-- Setting: The height of the player to ground in this plane (a BIT more though!)
XNL_Planea340_TCAS_GPWS = true					-- Setting: Determines if this plane acually uses the TCAS/GPSW system (audio)
XNL_Planea340_Recog_AP1 = true					-- Setting: If this plane recognizes this airport and/or is allowed to land there
XNL_Planea340_Recog_AP2 = false					-- Setting: If this plane recognizes this airport and/or is allowed to land there
XNL_Planea340_Recog_AP3 = false					-- Setting: If this plane recognizes this airport and/or is allowed to land there
XNL_Planea340_Recog_AP4 = false					-- Setting: If this plane recognizes this airport and/or is allowed to land there
XNL_Planea340_Recog_AP5 = false					-- Setting: If this plane recognizes this airport and/or is allowed to land there
XNL_Planea340_AllowAutoPilot = true				-- Setting: IF this plane is allowed to use autopilot (when meeting the right conditions!)
XNL_Planea340_AllowGlideSlope = true				-- Setting: IF this plane is allowed to use "Glide Slope" (Automated landing) (when meeting the right conditions!)

BUT if you’re using the same settings/flight rules, it would be much easier to share settings with the Jet for example like i’ve mentioned before:

if EntityModel == GetHashKey('jet') or EntityModel == GetHashKey('a340') then

ok thx

Can you add add-on planes to XNLRealPlanes or only the original planes?

Add-on planes are perfectly possible to :slight_smile: About two posts above yours i’ve described to someone how to do that, due to the pre-set variables in the script it’s also quite easy to do so.

(not as easy as with ‘ini loaders’ for example, but easy enough for most ‘non scripters’ if they just pay a bit attention to the fields they have to copy-paste and adapt :slight_smile: )

How can i add a B11-Strikeforce?