[RELEASE] [VOIP] pma-voice - Voice Chat using FiveM's built in mumble server

sorry but I am unable to change the keys.
I tested all the possibility:

setr voice_use3dAudio "true"
setr voice_useSendingRangeOnly "true"
setr voice_enableRadioSubmix 1
setr voice_defaultCycle "Z"
setr voice_defaultRadio "CAPITAL"
setr voice_debugMode 1

I’m sure I am doing something wrong

the convar are set before the resource pma-voice.

Any suggestion would be appeciated.

1 Like

If someone joins when the key is already registered as Z or F11 they have to change it themselves in their keybinds, otherwise what you have posted should work.

1 Like

Hello I am getting this error in my console, wondering if im doing anything wrong. Help would be greatly appreciated! https://i.imgur.com/8oXRCax.png

1 Like

Sorry for my previous reply, meant to respond to another message :laughing: are you currently on the latest version of FiveM, the last person to have this issue was on an extremely old/outdated version of FiveM that resulted in the script not working.

1 Like

its fine xD, if you mean artifacts i will try and update them to see if that makes any difference. Thank you!

EDIT: Its working now thank you so much :slight_smile:

For people having issues with switching their phone/radio over please refer to this issue

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: Good Release, had a problem while starting script but solved after updating artifacts

how to you install this

1 Like

If you can’t manage to install this, then you shouldn’t be trying to install it. It’s quite literally the definition of drag and drop & reading the config docs provided.

Hello, does it work with OneSync Infinity ?

1 Like

It only works with OneSync Infinity

Thank you sir, works perfectly. Only need to find how to hide Mumble IP

You can’t really ‘hide’ the Mumble IP, just make sure to have use sending range enabled and you shouldn’t have any issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

When i use my radio i get this error.
Running latest artifacts.

Weird bug, fixed by adding tonumber()…

1 Like

Looks like a standard connection drop message?

Mumbles also not meant to deal with an insane amount of players in one grid, though we tested it to 75~ and it was fine.

If you constantly expect to have a lot of people in one grid you should reduce the voice_zoneRadius to a lower value, as it also gets nearby grids too, so that’s 50*74kb packets routing

1 Like

I would like to know more about the paketing routing and voice_zoneRadius.
How can i adjust this to perfection?

Please note don’t take this all as fact, I’m no expert (not even close) and this is my general understanding of everything.

Note: Default Voice data is 74k (IIRC )+ UDP/TCP overhead making it around 100kb - 110kb

So everyone in a grid regardless of if they’re close to another player will still receive packets for all of the players talking. So when there’s a large number of players in one area it will be sending around 100-110kb x the number of players in that area.

You also have to factor in that pma-voice listens to the grids around the player too so if you have 100 players but they’re all in the 5 grids surrounding the player, the player will still be getting all the packets of each player that is talking. This all happened on the network thread, so you will start getting network thread hitches after so long because it wasn’t designed for sending this amount of data.

The latest pma-voice has better handling for changing the zone radius during run time (previously you would have to manually do the offset yourself). So you can try anything.

I don’t have any recommendation for what to use or anything like that as I’ve only used big grids, I’ll probably try out smaller grids to see if there’s anything wrong with using them, and if there’s not I will probably switch over to them for default as it can lead to fewer issues.

You will also start getting network hitches after 500-600~ players, at which it is best to start using an external.

Okay, thank you for the information and guide to how this VOIP system works.
But i’ve tested the script with around 50 players and i’ve noticed som bugs/glitches.

When people drive into MLO and not walking they can’t hear eachother, so people have to leave and enter the MLO. What can be the cause of this?

Haven’t heard of that issue yet, are you using 3d audio or native audio?