[Release] Tackle System

Im not sure what works on what but i got it working on my vrp server

You jump then press E in midair

Anyone else got the problem where you jump and press e and hit the person, but does not make them ragdoll

I have a question when someone is running away from you as a leo there can be some desync would there be a way for the tack instead of touch be a short radius to make it a bit easier to tackle people when jumping and pressing e because you also get slowed down when you jump which makes it even harder?

Is there a way to change a value to get a farther jump and more strength for the tackle ?

Great script how do you add another job to the local PoliceJob = ‘police’ to add another department like bounty hunters or sheriff…thanks for anyone who knows how to write it

Having this same problem, any help would be great.

Anyone else got the problem where you jump and press e and hit the person, but does not make them ragdoll

Hey, this script is quite old. To make it work with OneSync you just need to change 31 to 255 on line 39.

5 Likes

the video desn’t work

I hope you don’t mind, Scott_UK. I grabbed your script, and updated it a little.

• Removed key press loop, in favor of RegisterKeyMapping. The script now idles at 0.00ms.
  • Getting touched players now loops through GetActivePlayers() and is OneSync compatible
  • If multiple players are tackled at once, try and send fewer events to the server
  • Updated __resource.lua to fxmanifest.lua (fx_version set as cerulean, but can probably be dropped down if needed)

Demo
Video preview

Download
Tackle 0.5.zip (1.5 KB)

Usage
Same as the original post (Jump + E).
To change the default key update line 49 in client.lua, and replace E with the desired key from KEYBOARD - Cfx.re Docs.

RegisterKeyMapping('+Tackle', 'Tackle another player', 'keyboard', 'E')

3 Likes

[Help] I downloaded it and it says it started but when I try it, it won’t tackle them

when I go to use it all it does nothing and when I jump it ragdoll me

same for me other person gets no ragdoll