[Release][Standalone] 2-Step & ALS(Anti-lag System)

added one more bug

@Nertigelsorry but i am not a fan of releasing unfinnished stuff. though all of this was possible with a bit of coding knowledge and some searching. nothing really groundbreaking

this fixed all my problems Esx_everyoneignore (AI calming script, excludes animals)

1 Like

not everyone uses esx though.

@SUBIE_FAN

100% not but i thought it would be of some help

1 Like

how would i go about changing the sound of the backfire, so its not just the sound of an explosion?

Maybe u can create a github post? To keep pushing updates? I would like to have a look and maybe help further improve it if you are up for that :slightly_smiling_face:

since the original author of this post doesnt want redistribution, i cant do that. i would have created github pull requests but he has no github linked

Right didnā€™t saw that in the first post, guess weā€™ll have to wait for @T.Silence to approve your edit :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

synced backfire loudness with the flame size. doesnt need a video. its subtile but works

I did the same thing when I originally wrote this, using sound files, and varying the sound per distance, but seeing as it is not a 3d sound is didnā€™t feel right to me, to the point where I completely rewrote then entire script using AddExplosion, Just because it is a 3d sound, and spent 4 hours looking through thousands of explosion sounds just to find that 61 was the best I could use for AddExplosion.

• though I didnā€™t think about variable backfire sizes, which is a good idea. The physical size of the back fire doesnā€™t mean it will be louder in a real situation. what could be done is while the loop is true past the conditions, I can add
     SetEveryoneIgnorePlayer(ped, true)
  • then once the loop doesnā€™t meet said conditions
     SetEveryoneIgnorePlayer(ped, false)
  • therefore AIā€™s ignore the ALS/2Step. :thinking:

I probably have a pretty easy solution to 3d Sound. The only Thing thats missing would be ambient changes like from within a tunnel.

It sounds way better than explosions, i have some diversity in the Sound and even the Flame/Sound sync makes it feel good. Yes i know how antilag works and flames are not coupled with bangs but it feels better in gta. Also AI doesnt go nuts.

But that has to wait. Im writing this from my phone within my bed and i am tired. Good night xd

1 Like

can increase fps on server?

1 Like

Where does this mention anything about an fps increase?

2 Likes

In the title of Anti-Lag

1 Like

Anti-lag is an automotive term used to describe a function where you spool the turbo faster by causing the explosion to occur on the exhaust side in the turbo making instant boost.

2 Likes
  • added volume fade the further away a bang is
  • fixed custom cars exhaust pipes (though tuning could break it again for some cars)

last thing to do is adding 2D/3D audio spatialization. Thats a fancy term for sound comming from directions instead of being linear streamed to your ears. think of it as hearing footsteps ingame and you know where they are comming from.

there are some natives i need to figure out and some triangulation math to be done but after that it will be perfect. MAYBE i could add multiple backfiresounds and use different sets for different cars to get more diversety but its hard to find good sounds online and im already pretty happy with mine.

7 Likes

will you release your modified version ?

This is awesome!, it really boost up the inmersion of tuned cars.

EDIT: I edited the script a bit, to make it work with specific plates, so if you have a roleplay server you can have mechanics RP install the anti-lag system, then adding the car plate to have it working on that specific car.
i added some plates on the config as an example
Sil-2Step plate.zip (2.5 KB)

5 Likes

well, i wont release it till its completly done and even then i need the authors permission. but id like you to test it on my server and tell me if it works for you. maybe youd like to change the sound, or something with the distance fade doesnt work correctly. Its just a simple test server with a few cars.

188.68.35.151:30120

the audio fade/ 3d position feautes are beeing completly reworked right now and it might even include the ambient changes like driving through a tunnel etc (even from other players!) in the future

PS: ive split 2step and antilag into different files and disabled 2step for now.
Also any car can have it, it just needs stage 4 or 5 engine upgrade AND turbo upgrade

is there a fxmanifest for this?