[Release][Standalone] 2-Step & ALS(Anti-lag System)

ok. i figured it out. a list of things i have changed in my script

• removed explosions because ai was going nuts
  • added my own backfire sounds
    • 13 different sounds
    • randomized volume
  • synced backfire size with backfire loudness
  • sound becomes quieter the further away another player is (also plays together with the randomized volume of the bangs)

what i will do:

• sync backfire size with its loudness DONE
  • add 2D effects to the sound depending on where the bangs are in relation to the player

current bugs (which i will also resolve):

• sound is serverside played to all players in a given radius but i need to lower the volume and maybe even do some effects to it the further away a player is. At the moment it sounds for everyone in the radius the same, which was not the case with engine-native explosions as the engine knows how distant sounds should sound like.
  • some cars have 4 exhaust pipes coded in but actually use just 1 or 2 (probably only affects addon cars). Those cars have the backfire in the middle of the car so we need to check the “bones” of (well, probably) exhaust 1 and see of the other bones are in a certain distance to eachother. if one or more exceed the limit, they should not be used. there maybe a high error rate because some exhausts are Y pipes and actually have some distance between them. we could do a hardcoded list of cars though where we specify the bones… idk yet.

ill share my code with @T.Silence once i figured that out. Here is a video of what to expect:

12 Likes