[Release] Smooth Crouch Script (v0.93a) (UPDATED: 28.04.2021)

I’m using DP emotes and when I set my walk style and crouch it resets :sob:

1 Like

Thanks for the update :heart: :pray:

1 Like

Great Work!

1 Like

I’m looking for a way to preserve walking styles but sadly have not yet found a way to do that using the native functiions.

The cause of the issue is how the game tries to adjust the player posture towards where your weapon is pointing. I found a rudamentary fix that involves just disabling aim zoom. The optimal solution would be to just offset the camera down whenever crouched but so far haven’t found the way to do it.

A script you’re using overrides animations.

i have the same problem did you already fix it?

I’ve noticed that when using a first person ADS script this script forces you crouched / stealthed while aiming in, which causes your scope to be at like stomach height instead of normal height.

Hey, It’s been some time. Regarding the “hovering above ground issue” I’ve found a workaround that involves disabling the native aim-cam. With how i implemented it you can still aim down sights but the zoom is disabled. I’ll post a patch sometime in the comming days.

Probably a bit late but you can simply disable crouch-aim in the config.

v0.93 Alpha

• Added weapon animations to prevent clipping. This currently only discriminates based on weapon type so some more special weapons are still clipping.

• Fixed an issue where playermodels are floating above the ground while aiming. The workaround for this can be adjusted in the main.lua config section. Mode 3 entirely removes the native aim mode. This means that you are no longer able to zoom in with weapons or use the sniper scope.

• Disabled first person camera for when crouching due to missing first person animations.

2 Likes

I noticed when i have this installed there is an absurd amount of weapon sway when im ads and sprinting. How do i disable this??

This will be patched in the full release which is comming soon.

Great release. Looking forward to the future updates.

1 Like

hey man i enjoy your work can you add crouch while mounted

1 Like

What do you mean with mounted?

I’ve found a few issues

If you spam your crouch button with a semi-automatic weapon, you’ll be able to shoot twice as fast than the normal speed;

Character will spazz out if you hold A and W at the same time while crouched;

Animations not blending well with each other;

After crouching once, your standing pose will change permanently and if you hold A, S or D, without moving your mouse for an extended period of time, your camera will start to move accordingly to which button you’ve pressed, example: Camera will move to the left after pressing A, to the right after pressing D and to the center after pressing S;

And finally, I’m unsure of how you can reproduce this error but there’s a chance that your character will be stuck to Mid-sprint/Jogging and the only way to fix this is to die and respawn.

1 Like

I see the same spamming crouch and also people getting stuck in the stealth position, did you manage to fix that or found a workaround or a different resource?

1 Like

I fixed all of this in my current build which I have yet to upload by replacing the aim-crouch stance with the stealth stance. Can you elaborate on getting stuck in the stealth position?

Are you using the latest version?