[Release] SmartTape - Police Tape Plugin - Menu - /tape - Customisable - Adjustable - London Studios

London Studios

London Studios - Update

Since forming London Studios in April 2020 we’ve created a number of high quality and premium resources for the FiveM project, focusing on the emergency services and aiming to bring your server to the next level.

Although we made a number of free resources such as this one in the first year, we’ve now switched to creating paid content, keeping them constantly updated and working along with providing the best possible support to our customers.

Our most popular resources now include Smart Fires, Police Grappler and Smart Hose.

With thousands of happy customers we are confident you’ll love our resources and our active support team are on hand to help if you have any questions!

Our store: https://store.londonstudios.net/forum

Therefore, this resource is now likely out of date and is no longer supported by us. The full source code is available should you wish to make any changes. All of our paid resources however are constantly updated and we invite you to take a look!

SmartTape

SmartTape - London Studios

SmartTape is a FiveM police tape resource allowing you to secure scenes with different tapes, which we believe is a first for FiveM. You can easily add tape in an area, move tape and set the length all from a simple menu. We’ve included a police tape model with three variants, a british police tape, inner corden tape and fire tape. You have the ability to customise these textures and change the name for the menu.

This plugin is made by LondonStudios, we have created a variety of releases including TaserFramework, SearchHandler, ActivateAlarm, SmartTester, SmartSounds, CustodyAlarm, SmartObservations and more!

Usage

/tape - Open or close the tape management menu.
You can press F10 (changeable) to open this menu.

This command is configurable in Settings > Keybinds > FiveM. Every player can select their own keybind.

Creating a new tape:
To create a new tape, press F10 or use /tape to open the menu. Press “Create new tape” and select the size. Next, press the type of tape, these are configurable in the config.ini.

You are then able to move around and change the position of the tape. Press E to set the tape down.
Press UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW to move the tape up and down.

Managing tape:
You are only able to move or delete your own tape. This may be changed in a future update.
Open the menu using F10 or /tape. Press “Manage Tape”, you must be nearby a tape.
Next, you can either move the tape or delete the tape from the menu.

Installation

Download the resource from GitHub here.

1. Create a new resource folder on your server.
  2. Add the contents of “resource” inside it. This includes:
    “Client.net.dll”, “fxmanifest.lua”, “config.ini”, “SharpConfig.dll”, “NativeUI.dll”, “stream”
  3. In server.cfg, “ensure” SmartTape, to make it load with your server startup.

Configuration

The “config.ini” file allows you to change the names of the tape that they appear in, for the menu. This may allow you to change the tape textures, for example if you wanted to change the fire tape to a police tape.

[SmartTape]
Tape1 = Police Tape
Tape2 = Inner Cordon Tape
Tape3 = Fire Tape
Keybind = F10

On line 2, you can change the name of the first tape.
On line 3, you can change the name of the second tape.
On line 4, you can change the name of the third tape.
On line 5, you can change the default keybind used for all players.

You are not able to add more tapes at this time, we may add this in the near future!

Changing textures:
You have the ability to change textures of the three police tapes.
Texture dictionary file names:
Police Tape 1: p_clothtarp_s.ytd
Police Tape 2: prop_cordon_tape.ytd
Police Tape 3: prop_fire_tape.ytd

Source Code

Please find the source code in the “src” folder. Please ensure you follow the licence in “LICENCE.md”.

Feedback

We appreciate feedback, bugs and suggestions related to SmartTape and future plugins. We hope you enjoy using the resource and look forward to hearing from people!

Errors & Suggestions

If you encounter any bugs or errors with the plugin, we encourage you to report them and we will actively fix them. We are also looking for suggestions on how we can improve this, ensuring all users get the best possible experience.

Please note there are no physics currently with the tapes and they do not move in the wind, we may look into this for the future - stay tuned for more updates!

Credits

We could not have made this plugin without the help of a third party modeller. We’d like to thank Adam Fenton for creating the 3D model, and L.Walker for texturing the police tape! We hope to work with them in the future.

Screenshots

We’ve really enjoyed making this plugin. Take a look at some screenshots of the plugin in action.
SmartTape

SmartTape
SmartTape
SmartTape

SmartTape

SmartTape

SmartTape
SmartTape
SmartTape

SmartTape

22 Likes

Really good work. Already added it to my server and works really well.

Hi,

Thanks for the good feedback.

Best wishes,
London Studios

2 Likes

i like the idea but its difficult to use. hard to position and when you place it it comes back towards you an extra 20cm so you have to try and put it further back than you need.
Is there a way you could make it so you place it with the mouse, and instead of pre defining lengths you select the start and end point, similar to the lspdfr version.

Some things that I noticed when using it is when you delete the tape some times there is a collision space that is invisible also some time I wont let me spawn more then 2 or 3 pieces of tape and one person had a problem where he was placing tape and no one could see it. Understand it in a very new mod and will have some bugs just wanted to let you know about them.

Love it but few issues. Other people dont see the whole thing only a small piece the size of a ped. and only the person who placed it can remove it.

Is there a way to change/remove the key control checks and only use the command?

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I resolved the update with deleting tapes yesterday, please download it from GitHub.

In regards to seeing tapes, it worked fine for my development server and I will look into the issue.

Best wishes,
London Studios

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, I’m aware only the person who placed it can remove it - this was programmed into the script.

In regards to other players seeing the tape, this is something I am looking into - I will resolve it.

Best wishes,
London Studios

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, we’ll definitely take this into account.

Best wishes,
London Studios

My concern with only the person placing it being able to remove it is that if the person who placed it crashes then we are stuck with tape that can’t be removed. How about a command that will remove ALL the tape that has been placed

Hi,

I’ll add the ability to remove other people’s tapes shortly.

Best wishes,
London Studios.

How to change the hotkey F10?
Which file should i edit?

Hi,

No file to edit, every person can have their own keybind custom.

Simply set the keybind up how you would change default GTAV keybinds, in Settings > Keybinds > FiveM.

Best wishes,
London Studios.

Hey, Great script. Wondering if you think you could eventually get around to adding different models for different scenarios for example if you dont have the ability to put the tape on a wall you could place a model with a stick, cone or something to hold up the tape.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion,

We’ll definitely take this into account for the next update.

Best wishes,
London Studios

Hello, is there any plans on making a C++ release (lua) as I had plans to use this on a swedish server and implement it in the esx_policejob’s F6 menu. I know that scripts written in C# has better performance, but if you could also release a C++ version I would really appreciate it.

It works very well but only the person who plays it sees the tape, the same happens with the / clamp script

FYI:
C++, C# and lua are three different coding languages.
And as far as I know FiveM only supports the last two.