[Release] SmartCuffs - Frontcuff, Rearcuff - British Speedcuff Model - Custom Sounds - London Studios

London Studios

London Studios - Update

Since forming London Studios in April 2020 we’ve created a number of high quality and premium resources for the FiveM project, focusing on the emergency services and aiming to bring your server to the next level.

Although we made a number of free resources such as this one in the first year, we’ve now switched to creating paid content, keeping them constantly updated and working along with providing the best possible support to our customers.

Our most popular resources now include Smart Fires, Police Grappler and Smart Hose.

With thousands of happy customers we are confident you’ll love our resources and our active support team are on hand to help if you have any questions!

Our store: https://store.londonstudios.net/forum

Therefore, this resource is now likely out of date and is no longer supported by us. The full source code is available should you wish to make any changes. All of our paid resources however are constantly updated and we invite you to take a look!

SmartCuffs - London Studios

SmartCuffs is a FiveM resource coded in C# to enhance the player handcuff experience. You have the ability to both frontcuff and rearcuff other players, along with an included British Speedcuff Model and custom sounds.

The plugin gives you one pair of handcuffs, so ensure you get that back otherwise you will be unable to cuff other players until you retreive it, or another player hands you a pair.

The British Speedcuffs model will spawn on any ped, this is not EUP.

This plugin is made by LondonStudios, we have created a variety of releases including TaserFramework, SearchHandler, ActivateAlarm, SmartTester, SmartSounds, CustodyAlarm and more!

SmartCuffs

Usage

/cuff - Rearcuff the nearest player.
/frontcuff - Frontcuff the nearest player.
/resetcuff - Gives you a pair of handcuffs again.
/passcuffs [Player ID] - Pass a pair of handcuffs to another player.

Both /cuff and /frontcuff have been mapped to Keybinds, these can be configured by each player, allowing for their own custom keybinds. These can be set in Settings > Keybinds > FiveM.
These must be setup by each player upon their first time using the plugin.

The included British speedcuffs sound will play upon cuffing and uncuffing, to all players in the area and reduce in volume based on distance from the cuff location.

You are not able to cuff players if you are in a vehicle, if you are already cuffed or you have no pairs remaining.

Installation

Download the resource from GitHub here.

1. Create a new resource folder on your server.
  2. Add the contents of “resource” inside it. This includes:
    “Client.net.dll”, “Server.net.dll”, “fxmanifest.lua”, “html”, “stream”
  3. In server.cfg, “ensure” SmartCuffs, to make it load with your server startup.

Source Code

Please find the source code in the “src” folder. Please ensure you follow the licence in “LICENCE.md”.

Feedback

We appreciate feedback, bugs and suggestions related to SmartCuffs and future plugins. We hope you enjoy using the resource and look forward to hearing from people!

Credits

The British Speedcuffs model has been made by a third party 3D modeller, known as “That Alien”. We would like to thank them for allowing the release of the model and we hope to work with them in the future. This model may not be redistributed, modified or released. Model is released for use in conjunction with SmartCuffs.

Screenshots

Take a look at some screenshots of the plugin in action!

Frontcuff Image

Rearcuff Image

Plans and Updates

We are very happy with the outcome of this plugin, however at London Studios we are always looking for improvement and welcome your feedback. Here’s our future plans for this plugin:

• Add /drag, allowing you to drag the nearest civilian
  • Add an option allowing you to place somebody in handcuffs into a vehicle
  • Add a config.ini file giving users more control over the plugin.
  • Fix any bugs which are discovered and reported.
17 Likes

Pardon my roadman but holy mackerel, thank you again LondonStudios you guys never disappoint.

1 Like

Are we able to edit how many sets of cuffs a player has? EG: UK firearms officers often have ziptie-like cuffs to use as well as a pair of normal cuffs.

And if so, can it be done for certain players separately, or would it be 1 value for everyone?

Hello,

Thank you for your comments,

Safe,
London Studios

Hi,

In the “Plans and Updates” part of the description, line 3 refers to a config.ini file which we intend to implement in the near future. This would allow you to set the amount of handcuffs each player has.

Currently, you can use /resetcuff and you are given another pair of cuffs.

Best wishes,
London Studios

1 Like

Hi,

In regards to this, we are unsure how we would allow you to specify the amount of handcuffs for each player, eg firearms - who we understand carry zip ties and are therefore able to restrain multiple people at once.

If you are happy defining those trained to carry firearms in a usage.ini file or similar, you may be able to specify the players by their licence:fivem or steam ID. This is a feature we may add in the near future.

Best wishes,
London Studios.

Lovely job as always :+1:

Hi,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you like the plugin, we welcome any further feedback.

Best wishes,
London Studios

Any chance you can add so that only police have cuffs?
Pretty weird to have normal citizens with cuffs

2 Likes

Hi,

How would you like me to know if somebody in your server is a police or a civilian?

I can make a server event which developers could trigger, or a command.

What are your thoughts?

Best wishes,
London Studios.

1 Like

I have two requests/suggestions and the first one is an answer to your question. I am a novice about this kind of thing so I don’t know if it would be possible.

1. Have the ability to be limited to certain jobs for RP servers running ESX. In theory seems simple it just runs a check when you try and cuff somebody and doesn’t let you unless you are a cop. But I would prefer if instead…

2. Make the cuffs a physical item in the players inventory so the amount of cuffs you have is based on how many are in your inventory, leading on from this there could be different items with different effects, eg. unlimited use cuffs for people that want to run it that way, zipties that are easier to escape from.

Again no idea difficulty of this, of course for people that don’t run esx you could have it a config option to enable

1 Like

Look at @Upmarketdread 's reply
Just checking job of player when using cuffs would do the trick, item based would be even nicer!

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestions.

1. I have never worked with ESX, none of my plugins are dependent on that framework however I am happy to look into this should it be necessary.
  2. The item in a physical inventory, once again I have no knowledge of ESX, I have never played on a server using ESX and barerly know what it is, so this is something I will investigate.

However, I am happy to introduce both of these features should I find out how to do it with ESX.

Best wishes,
London Studios.

1 Like

Hi,

Please see my response above.

Best wishes,
London Studios.

@LondonStudios @iGotRoot Regarding the ensuring only LEO have cuffs idea, one way to do this would be to implement Ace Perms. In our server, we have aceperms that are set by discord roles and we have a discord role that applies to all emergency service personnel (LEO, Fire and EMS) and if this supported Ace Perms, then we could just assign the emergency services to the needed Ace to allow them access to the commands. This would prevent any civilians from accessing it and allow those that should be able to use it to access it just fine.

You could also make it instead of a command, an event that can be triggered, for example from police menu, So with a few lines editing, people could change police menu to trigger your cuffs instead of the normal cop cuffs…personally I edited mine to have animations and etc, but it’s a matter of taste.

Was nice working with you on this. It came out nicely!-ThatAlien#7888

Hey there, I’ve seen responses about making it so only LEOs can have cuffs. A way to do this would be restricting the cuffs to certain ped models such as the following.

s_m_m_ciasec_01
s_m_y_ranger_01
s_m_y_cop_01

This way, only players in specified outfits can use the cuffs, also, adding the ability to add/remove ped models would be a pretty nice feature.

Hey, would it be possible to add the ability to cuff NPCs only? For PvE servers